What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Ah well I disagree. The 252 is a very good pre. Doing a lot of things much better than the 82. However one needs to get the balance just right. Today it’s sounding quite good with the Pura power supply on the Lindemann, the 156 and not least the grounding cable. There is still burn in on the neet, the 156 and the power supply. The neet has actually just gone around 100h. I thought it was in use even when not in use. I was wrong.

1 Like

Hahaha. Yes. Glad midsommar to you too.

Meaning: you bought it?

Bought it but under trial period. PN arrives Monday. It sounds magic as setup right now so PN and EE8 will have a tough one.

PN when run in will be - promise!
PN is also no small box. :joy: has shoebox style but really deep

1 Like

The first 200 hours the PN is a little like congested and the bass is too pronounced vs other frequencies.
Then it will finally open, become more fluent, natural, and well balanced, with better prat too.

3 Likes

This one is a demo unit with +1000h on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It will still need to be on for a while to reach it’s best. I liked the PN much more than my EE but the ansuz was better than both in my system, as it should be for the additional cost

1 Like

And that’s with A2. I have D2 here so will be interesting. Maybe different flavours only.

In which ways did you think A2 was better?

Happy, to agree with you. :blush:

1 Like

Just bought a Superline, currently connected to my 52 but may upgrade to a Supercap in the future
It has supercharged my vinyl replay, glad I went for it!

18 Likes

Congrats on the SL
Marvellous box of tricks :+1:

1 Like

In Germany PN seems to be more expensive than ansuz a2

This is when I miss the look of my Olive 52

PN have gone up a lot in price recently here. It’s the same price as Ansuz A3 today which replace A2.

1 Like

I filled them with Atacama Atabites . Two thirds full in the main centre column only, as recommended by my dealer.

My speaker leads are Naim NAC A5 & I use jumper leads made from the same cable.

I am also very pleased with the stands. I had hoped that the bamboo bases would be a near match for the Walnut cabinets & they have exceeded my expectations, being about a 99% match! Being able to specify the dimensions of the top plate means that the speakers fit exactly, with no overhang on the top plate. It looks right, so, hopefully, sounds as good as possible. The speakers sit on tiny gel pads supplied by Atacama, decoupling them from the top plates but leaving only a very small gap.

The speakers themselves have have had about 50 hours use in the fortnight I have had them & already sound very good to me . If you’re right, & they benefit from 300 burn-in hours, then I can’t wait to hear them in another 10 weeks or so!

1 Like

Fully agree with your Nova comment re. ‘lifestyle’ product.

Seem to be a lot of people who don’t take it seriously as it is a Naim product consisting of less than two boxes. Also, as you have alluded to in the past, it does perhaps require careful speaker matching. I see many photos on these forums where it is used in small systems, often driving very small speakers. As I said, it sounded really good to me driving my DB1’s for five years but now sounds as if it is driving the D2R’s even better & making sense of Naim’s claims at the original launch, that it is capable of driving much larger (& expensive) speakers.

Although I don’t wish to pay twice the price for a Nova PE (despite the fact that it has been reviewed as sounding slightly better in all respects to it’s older brother), I would be interested in a ‘SuperNova’ with an improved streamer section, pre & power amp section.

As you said, & I found out, the D2R’s looked wrong on my 500mm stands, dominating my room too much. They would have looked dreadful on 600mm ones in a smallish room, although probably looking fine in a larger room due the the large bamboo base balancing out the size of the cabinets. The cabinet footprint is about the same size as the DB1’s, so reducing the stand height by the four inches that they are taller than the DB1’s means that they only occupy the same space as the previous speakers. In the fortnight I have owned them they already look as if they have been there all along &, to my eye, ‘look right’, as did their predecessors.

2 Likes

552 is the easy answer. I would see if you could borrow a 300DR.

1 Like

I switched places on 2 power cables and it made a very positive change. More warmth and airier. Nice.