What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

That size of fuse is fine for that gauge of wire.
7A are no more and 13A is too big.
Just enjoy knowing it’s good now. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Now just to polish the pins and the fuse cap ends.

DG…

1 Like

And line up the screw heads too

1 Like

Damn, I missed that.

DG…

The blue wire is slightly long but I didn’t want to kick the arse out of a good job. :wink:
Screw heads not lined up doesn’t matter better to be functionally safe and tight than cosmetic. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

That is harder than it looks when working with such a tightly packed space. I have taken some leanings from this, thank you.

2 Likes

HI All,

New to Naim and this forum.

I have just ordered a Uniti Star and a pair of KEF R3 Meta speakers.

Unfortunately, I have had to downsize to a 1 bedroom flat after my partner passed away, so my separates system has had to go as I simply don’t have room for it (she hated it anyway as it was an ‘eyesore’ apparently…).

It should arrive tomorrow so am quite excited to get this setup and have a Queensryche evening!

7 Likes

Welcome Jimbo, I have the same Kefs on one of my systems and initially I wired them up as directed in the manual, using the lower connectors, later I thought I would just try the upper ones and I found I preferred it. My speakers are probably mostly run in now so don’t know if the difference would have been as definitive as I found it, but just a heads up if you fancied experimenting.

Enjoy the new system!

Full loom of CatSnake 6a Floating Ethernet cables.

Will install them tomorrow.

The story will continue on my “Organik Upgrade Time” thread.

DG…

3 Likes

Hi
Costs nothing try the positive to the top and the negative to the bottom.
Diagonal wiring has a much better balance and keeps all paths the same length. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m about to buy another one……

My daughter thought it was a good idea to allow two guinea pigs to have a wonder around the living room……

Suddenly no Qobuz…….

Hmmm….

Daz

PS - when it doesn’t have a hole in it, a great cable. I particularly like its flexibility, anti- harmonic rubbery jacket and the general manufacturing quality.

3 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile: Those are a very nice sounding set of speakers and you’ve matched them very well with the Uniti Star. Enjoy!

A couple of Ethernet cables. SoTM cat 7 Ethernet cable wall to 222, audioquest vodka from router to GS108E.

1 Like

I just happened to find it on sale today for 20 euros!!! I immediately got in the car and drove off :slight_smile: It needs repainting and the tweeter was dented, which was easy to fix and they play very well :slight_smile:
So I have a few 034 and now a few 037 serial numbers

3 Likes

Thanks Chaps!

It’s arrived today. I’ve set it up on my desk at the moment with the speakers either side of the Star. I’ll be wall-mounting them at the weekend when the brackets arrive.

Listened to a CD or two and signed up for Quboz so streamed some bits and bobs.

Just using the bottom LF sockets on the speakers at the moment but may play about over the next day or so before they go on the wall.

It’s sounding lovely!

This fellow came in today!

It’s now between my CD Transport and the DAC. Big improvement, as it was a cheap as chips cable before, as I was waiting on this one!

3 Likes

Ordered an Innuos PhoenixUSB Reclocker this week to pair with a Zenith MK III and PhoenixNET. From what I can gather online, it should help close the gap to a Statement level performance.

Also shopping for a linear power supply to replace the unit that is supplied with my internet provider’s router/modem.

Fun times ahead.

2 Likes

After stripping my system right back, I thought I was finally happy; but I saw these Sarum T speaker cables on eBay and, whilst I wasn’t expecting to, I won them at a very reasonable price. I will update once I have them and all set-up :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What cables are they replacing?

A very nice pair of Epic X, soon to be listed on the bay!

1 Like