What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Wow - did not know him. A chrome bumper… nice!

Nice - have you bought them new or s/h?

Brand new, they come assembled.It is just a matter of marking my floor with tape where the speakers currently sit, moving them in place, levelling them. Then lifting the speakers into place…fine tuning the speaker to level.

1 Like

I was offered to test the Totem Beaks, I was pretty curious but expected nothing, really. At first I wasn’t sure they made a difference, but after tweaking the position a bit, there was a subtle yet very noticeable change in the presentation: the image was more focused, clearer, instruments became crystal clear and also the layer separation improved (with a better and more airy bass too). So in the end I decided to keep these Beaks, I was quite happy. Has anybody tried them? Maybe @Mike_S ?

3 Likes

You place them on top of the speaker to mitigate cabinet vibrations? Bit like the Entreq mice then :smile:

5 Likes

Yep, the Beaks should cancel parasitic vibrations and control resonances. Sorry to say it, but they aren’t as stylish as the Entreq :grinning:

2 Likes

Is this real? You put toys on top and… never heared of it. Nice idea :blush:

You should move your speakers a bit to improve stereo image :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t ask me, ask Blacknote :wink:

But I’ve heard those using those Entreq mice that swear they improved things.

1 Like

I’ve already moved my speakers more than a bit @drago, I must say I really needed the Beaks to improve the image and soundstage. So far I’m very happy for what they are.

By the way I wouldn’t put the Entreq Vibb (aka those little mice) on my speakers, they look too toy-ish for my taste, but I must admit they have quite a funny sense of humor. What’s not to like? lol.

PS I just discovered the price of these funny mice, they are a tad expensive IMO.

1 Like

XPS2 Power Supply. A 2003 unit serviced by Naim in 2022. I am putting together a second system. Couldn’t resist getting an NDAC again, remembering how good it makes an USB stick sound and the XPS is to power it….

3 Likes

Why aren’t they in black and white, with palms?

I am not gone through this in my mind in total # don’t know if this picture has crossed the line… :smirk:

Maybe a bit. I agree. Without the child it would be better.

So I post again :

You should try the Totem Super Beaks, they will leave your little beaks into dust, literally as well figuratively.

2 Likes

Entreq mice. Pah!

17 Likes

That’s not Totoro - or, is he?

1 petite panther doing sterling service.

21 Likes

I always found the mass of the glass the most important thing, but it was always finely balanced by the amount of Shiraz in the glass. That amount of Shiraz could vary during the course of a listening session though :smile:

7 Likes

Super Lumina speaker cable to replace Chord EpicX.

Early impressions are more detail, better soundstage, better separation of elements within the mix. Bass much better defined. Leading edge better defined. I’m not dissing the EpicX but this is definitely on another level. Hardly a surprise given the price difference but very pleased with the result.

11 Likes

Wow thats good! I am actually looking for one of those. :smile:

I wasn’t looking for it, but my partner spotted the Seller, who had a few other items.

Having found it, I though I should maybe buy it…
So I did. Was £50-00 plus postage… :thinking: