What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

I’ve destroyed all evidence

2 Likes

You can send it back and have the correct one sent to you. It’s ok to control products you purchase online. :+1:

Don’t think you can’t I bought them from the disgruntled distributor

Ortofon 2M Black to complement my recently acquired Nait 50.

8 Likes

Did you consider the 2MR?

Shorter housing suitable for Rega decks.

1 Like

Hi Neil
Yes I did but got a regular at a bit of a steal. Saved me £175 and I already have a shim under my arm for my AT ART9xa cartridge. So, no brainer really.

3 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

Just ordered a Wiim Ultra streamer.

2 Likes

DIY mains cable with MSHD Plugs and Supra LoRad cable.

DG…

5 Likes

If you are in the UK you can return if bought online under the distance selling regulations

Your right to cancel an order for goods

The Distance Selling Regulations state that your right to cancel an order starts from the moment you place your order, and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods. This period is extended in cases where the seller failed to provide the required information to you after you’d bought the goods (ie after you agreed the contract with the retailer).

Seven days is the minimum legal cancellation period, and many sellers choose to exceed this, so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to return your items.

As this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel the contract, by law the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame.

If you wish to cancel a contract, you should send notice of your cancellation to the supplier by email, letter or fax.

Do you already have one of the previous models?

I’ve just had a brand new Linn Klimax DSM installed, replacing a 272/555dr. Sounds a lot more detailed even on old recordings. It’s still breaking in, will take at least 6 weeks according to dealer to reach peak performance. After that will get room correction software set up.

27 Likes

Hi Jamie, yes, I have the Wiim Pro Plus.

2 Likes

I have one too. Can’t believe how good it sounds for the price. Absolutely a bargain. Have to say it’s changed my thinking on streamers. Not inclined to upgrade though

2 Likes

With SO set up and adjusted…wait to be blown away!

1 Like

Can’t wait. It already is opening up a bit and there is detail for Africa!
Ps Almost got the dual Organik hub myself but they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.

4 Likes

Cool, looking forward to the comparison then…:wink:

I’ve used the Wiim Pro plus on both coax into Dac and also its own Dac and found I prefer a couple of the non default filters in my setting when using internal Dac.

Be interesting to see how the Ess equipped Ultra compares to the Akm Pro plus.

My favourite streamer on SQ is my ifi stream into MF mx-Dac into Naim setup, but the Wiim software is way better than Ifi stack. So this will prove interesting all ends up.

1 Like

I await your thoughts…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like