What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Hi Graham

Thanks for that!
I suspected as much and your Stageline is more than likely better than my inbuilt 82 phono boards. I have the low output DV20, I’ll definitely audition the P75 at some time.
Thanks again
Chris

Gone back to the 5.1 Surround “Home Theatre” system in the lounge and grabbed a Meridian 568.2mm which will replace a 562V/518/565Z2 stack. Now looking for a 621 HDMI switching unit as a “front end”.

1 Like

My new (second hand) Allnic H7000 Phono stage with separate Power Supply behind.

Bought about six months ago but only just got around to posting a pic. Unfortunately it was switched off when I took the photo otherwise the VU meter’s and tubes would have been glowing a lovely warm yellowy orange.

4 Likes

these boxes have arrived with my dealer, will be fitted when we come out of lock down
Linn Radikal, Karsouel, DVXX2 and SH Urika which should fit the bill very nicely thank you!

5 Likes

Crikey, how on earth do you get those buds into your ears???

My new (old) Nac 52 and Supercap.

33 Likes

My new (old) Klimax LP12 with machined Radikal.

13 Likes

My new (old) Tangerine Stiletto Aluminium plinth with Skorpion base and Eklipse isolation sub platform.

12 Likes

Oh, c’mon! How difficult can it be? I bet you’re itching to have a go. What could go wrong?:sunglasses:

1 Like

:rofl:

Wonderful Phono stage Yorkshireman :grinning:

1 Like

And the 621 has been ordered, and (given the current situation) will arrive in due course.

Melco n1zh/2. Ex demo. Like new. Was even not run in.
My nds is shining !

12 Likes

NDS - i cant see - its too bright !!! :grinning:

congratulations !

2 Likes

I just changed my headphone amp to a Sony TA-ZH1ES. Really, really happy. The sound is very involving and detailed. More atmospheric if this would be a valid analogy. My previous headphone amplifier, Ayre Codex, has a more direct sound and much higher noise floor. Now, it is more similar than listening through the speakers. The noise floor is the more discernible thing; the Sony has a very black background compare to the Ayre. Death silent. No to mention the many features to enhance functionality and adapt sound to my preferences. The combination with the Focal Utopia is fantastic. Highly recommended.

The NAP 100 at the bottom, thus, I have a question for my learned colleagues. Its connected via a £20 odd DIN to RCA lead, would a better Chord type or Chord RCA to RCA improve the sound?

6 Likes

What a bugger you didn’t unbox pre-Covid! Something nice to look forward to though.

I dont have anything other than a pretty standard $20 ro $40 or so rca to din lead for mine. I’d just use that, and enjoy the music.

2 Likes

Enjoying it alright! I had a Denon CEOL Piccolo before …night and day.

Just installed a Hiline. Know there are mixed opinions, but it definitely works in my system. Very happy :blush:

1 Like