What was the last bit of gear you bought?

They play the long game, no pressure…
and there is a generation with money locked up that…Covid is releasing for many reasons.

2 Likes

I could not agree more. I am a car guy and spent a fraction in signals than I have on cars and yet their service is many times better than any car dealer I have used, I am just glad Alastair does not sideline with cars or I really would be in trouble with my bank ! And BTW @frenchrooster my purchase was a “click and collect”. I did not even go in the shop.

4 Likes

Great it went well, if you have not been pre pandemic it is worth a longer visit when things get back to normal. Alistair is threatening to bring Audio show East back next year…covid permitting.

1 Like

My dealer sold about 3 Nd555 since the beginning. Signals seems to sell Statements and Nd555 like my baker shop :rofl:

1 Like

An excellent baguette…to die for😍

1 Like

Konig & Meyer desktop adjustable speaker stands.

One of the more expensive desktop speaker stand solutions but I liked the tripod base feet and German engineering. Plus, I can adjust them for any speaker.

@frenchrooster I think that tells you everything about them you need to know regarding their customer service and how they operate. I am far from knowledgable about hifi but love music and it is always on in our house and yet when you speak to signals they are always super helpful and cannot do enough for you, even for somebody like me. First time I went there (pre Covid) I was auditioning a new pre, never spoken to them before and yet they set their listening room up with a replica of my system so I could do back to back listening. I was pretty amazed they would do all that for somebody they have never met or dealt with before. There was no rush or pressure and I got the feeling I could have stayed all day if I wanted too !

2 Likes

Bought myself the Pioneer equivalent a few months ago, lovely bit of kit.

I also had a big delay in getting it. In the end I was offered an ex demo - from a different store .

I use the UnitiQute 2 as a DAC and then feed the signal from the AV unit into the main audio system , which sits on the other side of the conservatory door

2 Likes

In the meantime RP for Panasonic increased from less than 1k to 1100 euro.

Not surprised - it’s a nice bit of kit and Pioneer have had some sort of melt down relating to the merger with Okyno .

It’s probably the premier UB player available new

Don’t now if it falls in the gear category, but changed from Tellurium ultra black to Purecable nanoCayenne speakercable. Made the sound open up a bit and a more detailed alongside a quieter background without losing musicality.

2 Likes

Biddler,
I was just joking, but the fact is that Hifi in UK is much more popular vs other European countries. We have no shops like Signals or other with all lp12 shown like at Cymbiosis.
My dealer is very active and well known. But we are in France. Most customers come for Rega Brio or Naim Atom.

2 Likes

I have their wall mounts, also very well done.

Naim CD5si, Trichord Dino 3 and a Collaro mat. Plan a is to add the never connected to the Dino at some point but until then I’m really happy with what I have.

2 Likes

I read whilst listening to old favourites that I know inside out so this for me counts…

Kindle Oasis and a leather slip cover from Etsy.
The only electrical item I have purchased in the last two years that hasn’t come from Signals.
N

4 Likes

The Spendor D7 in Rosewood has arrived (fitted with IsoAcoustics Gaia IIIs)!

Spendor Room

48 Likes

Para un segundo equipo compre estos Castle Isis vintage

Y este DAC para otro equipo:

12 Likes

Looking familiar. I have one on my DAC too, the Wireworld Elektra 7 but it’s about to be replaced by a second Acrolink Mexcel cord soon. The Elektra 7 is very good on the source as it sounds better than all other power cords which I have. It would be interesting how things can improve when I replace it with a higher league cord.

1 Like

Harb30.2XDs seated on tontrager stands

13 Likes

I’m considering those, how are finding them?