What was the last bit of gear you bought?

I have that arm in my beloved Marantz TT15s1. Same concept as Clearaudio, or rather Clearaudio with the different brand. Great turntable at a super price of only 2000 €! And what an ebony Clearaudio Virtuoso cartridge! Which head did they deliver it to you? Virtuoso 2?

1 Like

I managed to order a Quadraspire rack for my son at the beginning of December, and took delivery of it only yesterday. I did have my doubts with it being in time for this Christmas but hey ho it’s here! That’s pretty good going i think, considering these difficult times we all seem to be experiencing. Anyway it will be great to see a smile on his face once his Naim 5Si combo are all up and running on it.

10 Likes

DIY distilled water, forced air cooled condenser (also works as a convection heater) and shuts itself down when it runs dry. All for the sake of cleaning a few records.

11 Likes

Hi @anon35986639! I just got the turntable/arm without cart from an online dealer, as I already have a couple of backups in the Transfiguration Phoenix and Dynavector XX2. Without MM or MC option, $1,999. Not bad, either for this level of performance, IMO.

1 Like

A pre-loved NAC 252 arrived from Tom Tom yesterday. It has been on ever since and is already on song. I was up listening until the small hours and apart from a short shopping trip earlier today, I have been listening to it all day. My wife thinks I am mad because I just sit here grinning all the time. She has stopped to listen to a few of her favourite tracks and comments that it “sounds very nice”.

Apparently, its fascia had some slight discolouring, so it was sent to Naim and fitted with a new one before it was sent to me.

Many thanks to Henry at Tom Tom for his help and excellent communications. I am one very happy customer.

My NAC 282 has been relegated to use in the second system with a NAP 250.2 and the CB kit will take third place.

6 Likes

No unauthorised modifications to be posted here please. Their discussion breaches forum rules - there are potentially serious warranty issues with their use should damage occur as a consequence. Thank you.

A Karousel for my dear old fruit box:

15 Likes

Chord Epic digital and analogue…

5 Likes

How doe’s it sound/ first impressions/happy? Please.

1 Like

Wouldn‘t call it a piece of kit, but using it is very satisfying. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

@lemans3 - Very happy indeed. Noise floor has plummeted, more detail, more welly, more boogie factor, more music. Fantastic upgrade and even at £750, good value for money I would say.

5 Likes

You might need to get the new ESE playing to “burn”it in…happy days👍

2 Likes

That was the first thing I did @Gazza

2 Likes

I thought it was a coffin at first glance.

G

1 Like

big enough for one of my cats. :point_up:t2::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Cats are liquid, i bet you could fit at least 3 or 4!

3 Likes

That makes it two of us.

1 Like

Three

Great deal on a popular online auction site meant I finally pulled the trigger on a ‘proper’ RCM!

First test clean with a twice played Melody Gardot LP that was a bit noisy from new has provided excellent results with virtually no noise between tracks and only a few small static pops during the music. I swear even the music sounds better - more engaging and detailed, but maybe that’s just the whisky listening. Very very impressed!

7 Likes

Just ordered a 552 from a 282. Thought I would jump a level. Got 300 last month
How are you getting on with the 552. Did you ever have it with the 300 ? Skip the SC stage I thought