What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Try some U profile shower screen seal.

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint you but it seems that the manufacturer doesn’t charge extra for audiophile use because you can import one directly from Telegärtner Japan but with taxes and import costs, you will be looking at roughly the same price as they sell in Europe.

It depends on the features, most industrial switches are more focused on security so a part of the cost would go into that. But if you want to buy an industrial gigabit Cisco switch (new) you’d be looking at about 750,- for 4 ports, 1500,- for 8 ports and 2000,- for 16 ports.

2 Likes

I meant this is a switch which started life as a ruggedised industrial switch. I wondered how much that cost before it was introduced as this variant. Anyway, glad you like it and you should report your findings in the Ethernet switch thread as I’m sure there will be plenty who will be interested in what you’ve found.

Ah yes. I have one of those knocking around at work.

1 Like

Can you show me this switch which started life as a ruggedised industrial switch?

Isn’t that what it is ?

I don’t know but you seem to know it started life as a ruggedised industrial switch as you said earlier so I’ll ask again, show me from what ruggedised industrial switch they ended up with this audiophile variant.

Kudos KS-1 - just arrived from Signals, including speaker links made up by Andy.

Just playing in.

7 Likes

Well why would it have an industrial temperature range and IP67 ratings ? Telegartner produce network products for industrial and harsh environments.

I still can’t see the ruggedised industrial switch it started life as…

Very interesting !
Just out of curiosity, why audioquest, if I may?

As an example, this is an M12 industrial switch from a different company (Advantech) priced at $500,-

It follows the same general design / approach as the Jcat switch (M12, IP67, anti-vibration etc), except for perhaps the gold connectors.

Quote from the product page:

Advantech Intelligent Connectivity Group (ICG) are pleased to announce the launch of the waterproofed, anti-vibration and PLC compliant Ethernet Switch EKI-2528I-M12, aiming at any harsh environment with dust, high humidity and vibration.

1 Like

I’ll give you that, but given the case design and industrial specs it’s designed to survive and continue working well beyond the normal listening room environment !

Evaluated lots of PC in roughly the same price span. Powerline, Wireworld, AudioQuest Z3+Monsoon, Furutech etc. To my ears and in my system Audioquest provide the best result on my 300DR. The Powerline sits on my 272 but the biggest changes to sound has been with different PC on the amp.

1 Like

Found the original product line:

japan_telegartner_interview_img_006

(price is $1800 US)

1 Like

Yes I agree. Absolutely natural. I see no negative points at all.

Ah finally! Link?

Not in here please. Thanks.

If you Google for “Telegaertner M08001A0002” i think you will be able to find it, the company site is in Japanese.