What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Studio Connections Black Star speaker cables;

Got the Black Star XLR interconnects 2 weeks ago and they were a big step up from my long time reference Nordost Valhalla’s so I decided to get the speaker cables as well.

4 Likes

They should reissue those beauties :star_struck:

3 Likes

1CCCBD2D-438B-40E5-AA9A-30ABD62C271C_4_5005_c
Just ordered a pair of these Focal Aria 926 to partner my Uniti Star and to replace my 15 year old Quad 11L’s. Looking forward to getting them installed and run in.

11 Likes

Yes indeed. In January I thought I had what I needed with a new P8, NAD preamp/streamer, and my old Rotel power amp. Then too much looking at / listening to the stereo and here I am with NDX2/555DR/CDS3/252/SCDR/300DR and the P8 felt like a weak part LOL

1 Like

Popped into my friendly local HiFi emporium today before the tier 4 restrictions hit my area. Walked out with a NAC 282. Oops.

14 Likes

Very nice. I bet it sounds great.

Just enjoy it! Congrats.

I didn’t really expect this but it’s bloody amazing. When I bought the P8 I made it clear to the dealer that I didn’t really want to spend more, so they duly obliged and agreed that the P8 was the smart choice and covers a lot of the ground that the P8 does. But it turns out that there is a big difference :slight_smile:

Thanks, I am and will do so for a long time!

1 Like

With your amazing sources, I’d have a hard time picking which one is the favorite.

Totally. With the P8 and NDX2/555 it was already not one-sided and which one I preferred depended on the kind of music. Fetched the P10 only yesterday afternoon, but as it is obviously so much better, I am wondering if lack of surface noise remains as the NDX’s biggest asset - not used to this any more. In any case just awesome to have these choices :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just 50 pairs made I believe.

Yes, only 50 pairs. Pity really since the color is really nice, would be great to see this color option for some of the other Sonus Faber models.

1 Like

I’d love to pick up the same or even CB but living in South Africa means these units are not easily available and it’s a seller’s market, hopefully one day a forum member can consider selling on to me with shipping for my expense…who knows, stranger things have happened…

I think it’s an incredibly cheap game, really.

Look :eyes: at it this way, when you get to a good set up ( and even a basic Naim system is good ) the music it produces is far most cost effective than hiring the artist to bring their gear into your living space and perform .

We need to step back and look at what we get for our money. Music from some of the world’s top musicians - in our living space.

2 Likes

It’s kinda sorta gear… another tub of Atabites for the speaker stands, plus two bottles of cleaning fluid for the Audio Desk RCM.

7 Likes

Just make sure that Hicap ‘equivalent’ doesn’t make things worse… The SN3 has a decent DR power supply onboard.

1 Like

Please respect forum rules re. discussion of unauthorised modifications (strictly forbidden here), which includes 3rd party power supplies, fake SNAICs, Burndies, link plugs etc… thank you. Please note that their use may void any Naim warranty on connected Naim kit.

2 Likes

I’ve just bought a pair of Kudos X2 speakers as they are half price now (no longer in production) and thought worth a punt. Used to be well thought of with Naim. Anyone using a pair in their set up?

15 Likes

I love my Arias… I have the same as you’ve ordered. I suspect you’ll love them. :slight_smile: