What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Nice Audio Therapy - knowing both David and Martin you have chosen well.

1 Like

Guessed correctly. It even sounds incredible connected directly to the laptop and TT2. Not sure what they’re hiding under the covers around the plugs but they’ve certainly got a winner there!

Great service as ever from Audio Therapy… makes it a lot easier to come to a decision when you can compare them all.

Chord Qutest - still need interconnects though!

Already excited and it isn’t even connected yet. :grin:

9 Likes

XPS DR being built, and yesterday a Powerline arrived on the doorstep.
Tempted by a Witchhat DIN-XLR for 250 after reading this forum. Or maybe ex demo Superlumina speaker cables…

The t’internet makes it entirely too easy to empty one’s wallet :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

6 Likes

Bread maker? :grinning:

Don’t think and buy. Or is it don’t drink and drive? Whatever :sunglasses:

:joy:

Dynaudio Sub 6 :innocent:

New SL speaker cable for me. This completes the “loom” for me. Still running in but they have already added something compelling and worthwhile. They are revealing just a little more of some albums that I have been listening to for decades. This is probably more about what my old cables were obscuring based on established “hi fi” logic and I think that makes sense. My old cables were chord rumour and served me well for over a decade through lots of upgrades. These SL are not cheap and to be honest I did not even consider alternatives. I am sure there are some very good and perhaps cheaper alternatives, but I don’t have the time or energy for mucking about finding synergies with cables - more than happy to pay Naim to work that out for me.

2 Likes

ProAc Tablette 10 Signatures, in ebony. More in the Show us Your Tablette 10 thread.

32 Likes

Love your Norma, great sounding gear there! You don’t see many using them unfortunately. I almost went that route a few years ago, almost…enjoy!

Thanks I’m loving it, I was considering an SN3 but tried the Norma (and several others) and was blown away. Seems to match very well with Naim sources, built like a tank and looks lovely. I’d recommend anyone looking for an integrated upgrade to SuperNait, give it a listen.

1 Like

I listened to the 140 integrated, lovely beast. But then after a bit, I was sucked in to the German LinnenberG Allegro monos, which in the end, worked out great as I also bought the Telemann DAC/pre from LinnenberG as well. It all goes quite nicely with my Duevel Venus omnis. German synergy?

It’s the IPA140, I went for. Not come across LinnenberG, I’ll have have a Google.

Yep, fabulous piece the IPA140 is. LinnenberG certainly not a brand one will see often, made in small batches by Ivo himself. Just great sounding, well built gear.

I probably am one of about, well, one, that has this setup in the whole world, using them and Duevel! I currently use an Innuos Zen Mk2 into the Telemann DAC-pre, sounds fantastic. Very pleased.

1 Like

Supercap 2, arrived here today via a detour to Class A for recapping

25 Likes

Nice. I have the Tellurium Q Ultra Silver USB and it’s about the limit of my budget for a USB cable. The Tellurium Q Silver Diamond must sound very special. Did you manage to compare the Silver Diamond to the Ultra Silver USB?

Enjoy~

2 Likes

Yes I did. I had the TQ Black, Ultra Silver and Silver Diamond.

As you’ll know, the TQ US is really good. Very analogue sounding. The TQ SD had the same sound signature but adds more space around instruments and greater depth to the soundstage. It seems to have the ability to give great clarity and insight to complex tracks.

I found that Jazz and Classical music that were complex with many instruments competing at the same time became clearer and easier to identify but at the same time not being overly analytical. It has an engaging but relaxing listen that makes you want to listen to more and more just see what it can reveal.

It’s also extremely good when connecting the laptop directly to the TT2 with no need to add any usb cleaning gadgets to give a nice analogue sound. Which is handy if you’re travelling around as you don’t need to take much with you to get great SQ. Not sure if they’re just cables or if there’s something else lurking inside those oversize plugs / shrink wrap. They’re extremely good and certainly endgame in terms of USB quality.

2 Likes

The response was appreciated. The TQ Ultra Silver USB also goes between the laptop and Chord QBD76 in my system. Maybe one day, these will be in my wishlist.

1 Like

Just arrived today a couple of custom made platforms for my Rega NEO PSU and its custom power supplier.

13 Likes