What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Hi @ClayB

Thank you. I am not very creative or imaginative.

Hi @varyat

Yes James is so friendly and helpful and freely giving of his time.
IMHO there is a cymbiosis between the Whest and my SN3.

Hi @frenchrooster

I have only had it 4 days and have only listened for about four hours, so a bit hard to give a definative responce.
IMHO it would appear to tend that way, but if one was to change any combination of the following cartridge, tonearm cable, power lead, and /or phono stage it could well move towards the Rock end of the scale.
I will know more as it runs in and I have time to listen with the house to myself and peace and quiet.

The GURU Q10 speakers left the sideboard and are now sitting on the freshly delivered GURU oak standpoints …

14 Likes

The SME 20/2 i had , with different phonos and cartridges( Lyra Delos and Kiseki Blue NS) had globally the same characteristics : very open, controlled, free following, majestic sound. But not as fast and involving as for example the Rega Rp10 or P10 I have now.
The level of the building quality of the SME is staggering. I was proud to look at it.

1 Like

Just married, fresh out of the box and warming up… :smiley:

18 Likes

Congratulations hope it works out for you both. :grin:

4 Likes

Through a somewhat fortuitous sequence of events my surplus SN2 and HiCAP have a happy new home, as does my XPS DR, and I now have a 555PS on my NDX2 , all more-or-less cost neutral.

14 Likes

And on it goes. :grin:

Be interested in your views on the difference between the 2 PS’s.

2 Likes

Can’t you stop :unamused:

2 Likes

Well, I had spare gear and the choice was whether to move it on and fund an upgrade on the main system that I use everyday, or have it sitting in the garage getting used once a month….

But of course, it ends here.

3 Likes

Are you pleased with the upgrade over your xps dr?

1 Like

Four tracks into a playlist and my eyes have glazed over a few times :sunglasses:

6 Likes

So the difference seems really real, vs the XPS dr on Ndx2. I would not have thought that before.
Congrats sweetie !

2 Likes

Rules please Mike. I’ve edited.

It will end where? Never your young there’ll be more upgrades. :grin:

1 Like

I feel you will follow Mike very soon :joy:

3 Likes

Don’t think so, I’m happy and married. :grin:

3 Likes

That happened in shared houses all the time when I was younger. :grin:

1 Like

Is that one of them there oxymorons?