What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Snap. Witch Hat Phantom speaker cable, ordered about seven weeks ago.
Better than the ShawlineX? Hard to say, only listened for ten minutes, but it is certainly not worse.

5 Likes

Not seen those deeper boxes from WH. I have a few of the slimmer ones though.

Brillant enjoy your 300DR it will certainly take a few days to come alive - but when it does!!!

enjoy the music !

1 Like

Its brilliant already. Whilst I’m not a Pet Shop Boys fan I love the track West End Girls. The bass is absolutely amazing. My system has never sounded like this!!

5 Likes

your 805’s will love the 300DR! I also had couple of years ago 282/HCDR/300DR with my then 803N

805 sereis is a superb speaker and my son will now have the benifit of them, I could not bring myself to the the 805N when I moved to Kudos

1 Like

Some seem not to like B&W speakers but I love them, although I am also using an REL strata sub as well. Thought I might not retain the sub with the arrival of the 300, but it just gives that extra bit of weight and authority.

1 Like

Third and final Powerline lite changed out for full fat Powerline 5 minutes ago. Warming up.

Ex demo Superlumina DIN->XLR in the post, arriving tomorrow. Am I excited for the weekend listening or am I super excited. Can’t decide :smiley:

Only the speaker cables left to upgrade on current rig… But is Superlumina worth the expense? It’s half of an ex-demo 282 which is next on the list.

2 Likes

I very much agree with Mr HH on this, cables are the icing on the cake. Get the boxes you want and then add the cables. Having said that once you have full SL it seems to be more than the sum of its parts. I remember last part of full loom I got and the sound was quite a bit better. I ended up taking different cables out to see which one gave the most uplift and could not track it down. Not sure if my ears were playing tricks on me !

1 Like

Totally agree biddler :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

1 Like

Snap!
Witch Hat Phantom in 5m lengths arrived this afternoon.

A real quality look and feel to it.

Love the “speaker” and “amp” printed in white on the respective terminals. So much better than the ambiguous arrow.

Sounds naturally excellent in the back-up system.
Main system stays with NACA5 though.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

Degritter.

Easy to use. Easy on the eyes. Works as advertised. Mildly impressed so far.

14 Likes

The DIN → XLR SL wires for the 300 improved sq more than the SL speaker wires in my system. However the speaker wire retailed for more than my speakers so it’s probably overkill. I’d definitely get a 282 instead of the speaker wire.

1 Like

The reason for hitting buy on SL DIN - XLR was I’d been reading all the forum reports of how Witchhat morgana cable was an improvement over standard cable and had been swithering on trying that. But when ex demo SL came up decided to stick with naim. Most people seem to say interconnect gives bigger uplift than speaker cable, hence went for that first.

Orher reason for upgrading cables rather than buying 282 is box count. We need a new rack with two more shelves to add 282/HCDR/NAPSC. There are some good threads on the forums with pics of lounge friendly racks, so have options.

1 Like

I’m afraid this place is a bit like the Hotel California - you can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

22 Likes

Lately I am trying some audioquest hurricane power cables, the diamond ethernet, the vodka ethernet, and waiting the arrival of a Niagara 3000 for comparing with my Niagara 1000.

The hurricane cables are impressive, the diamond and vodka cat7 came to be a big surprise when compared with cinnamon cat7.

Power cables completely change the behavior of my system, sometimes not for the best, but I am impressed with the hurricane.

1 Like

Here we go…it is a bit cluttered so didn’t take one from the listening position.

11 Likes

Plan is to get that center channel fit under the cabinet…Move the Atom over to the center…And definitely get some wire management for the HDMI and Power cord…

cheers

1 Like

Thank you for sharing

As chance would have it an ‘Epic’ has been offered to me at a substantial reduction so I’m taking a punt. I’ve still enough time to return the Shawline if I think it’s worth it so the additional cost would be minimal.

It is ‘only’ an ethernet cable after all…

G

Got myself an Audience AU24 SE BNC-BNC to go between my Lumin U1 Mini and the 272 replacing a BJC BNC-BNC. Let’s see what happens.