What was the last bit of gear you bought?

I just took the photo but wasn’t listening at that point. Had a few hum problems to resolve.

Linn Keel for my deck which is finished now, moved from Kore to Keel which is one masive upgrade in musicality

10 Likes

Witch Hat Phantom for my NACA5. I am very excited.

Ordered on 7.6.21, delivered today on 2.9.21.

12 weeks! Puhhhhh

I thought UK - GER is faster.

10 days UPS bottle neck in Germany thanks BREXIT

6 Likes

Just ordered something the other way around, GER > UK, and they anticipate at lest 2 weeks for delivery. 3 days to manufacture… :man_shrugging:t3:.

Hopefully I’ll be putting a picture up on here in about 2 weeks time.

The TEAC transports are cool And the build is superb.

I actually have a TEAC turntable just to buck the forum’s Linn, Rega, Pro-ject, Clearaudio trend.

3 Likes

Hi Cledi13!

I am also thinking about WH Phantom and already had some phonecalls and mailings with WH and German Customs and I haven’t made my decision. What did you pay for Taxes and Customs in Germany?

I have only pay the shop price via Paypal.
1 GBP = 1,22 €
No other costs

You’ll get the VAT and tax later from UPS.

I was involved for a while with a local(ish) hotel who put on live music. A small venue (maximum 100 people) but a lot of fun. It was surprising who they managed to hire - Hazel O’Connor, Peter Knight, Dave Swarbrick, Wizz Jones and many others. Tickets were usually about £10.00 or less - so really not much money for the performers. Seems really unfair that people who give so much happiness to so many people get so poorly paid.

3 Likes

:flushed:

My Witch Hat order is stuck with UPS / German Customs for more than one month now :roll_eyes:

Just picked up a 1991 vintage Linn Lingo Mk1. Now waiting to arrange its servicing - @ ClassA.

3 Likes

And it’s a lovely looking bit of kit.

I have an absolute rule, that a turntable must look the part , and say what you like about many Rega and Pro-Ject turntables - they don’t , yours does

3 Likes

Afraid not, @opus.

Never listened to Derek Trucks Band either - both names don’t exactly fire my imagination!

I’ll Google them…y’never know…
but I’m not hopeful, lol.

Derek Trucks is one of the greatest living slide guitarists IMHO. The Tedeschi Trucks Band (Derek Trucks and his wife Susan Tedeschi) is just fabulous - give them a try. Made Up Mind is a stand out album for me - great stuff!

6 Likes

Butch Trucks is Derek Trucks father. Butch Trucks was one of the founding members of the Allman Brothers Band. I’m sure you’ve heard of them.

As for not hearing of the Dave Matthews Band, I find that hard to believe. One of the very best contemporary rock bands.

1 Like

I’ve seen the name. Mostly on Hoffman,
which can be a mixed blessing :wink:

Sony ES Project system update!

In comes a DTC-55ES DAT player and a S770ES tuner.

Lots of lovely buttons!

Time to make some DAT mix tapes…

Wood sides next and eventually replacement cassette deck…

22 Likes

Butch was Derek’s Uncle I believe.

1 Like

Man, I would have killed for that system back in the day… hours spent ogling the Hi-Fi shops in Bath and Bristol wondering what I could sell to get ES kit.