What was the last bit of gear you bought?

So your lovely Monitor Audio GX200 Golds are finally put out to pasture!

Still, exciting time ahead.

Interested to know if they were a big improvement?
Trying to come up with reasons that will convince the boss!

I think i will let you 3 get intimate first before joining the party :slight_smile:

They are, and it’s sad. They were quite the little overachievers in the new system, as you know. But a friend may give them a new home, I hope.

This here is a different ballpark though, with only one hour in. 500 more and we’ll to do the fine adjustment of crossover and passive membrane. Exciting times indeed, just like you are having - congrats on your massive step up!

1 Like

It’s really quite amazing of an uplift. Adds more speed, dynamics, space and bigger soundstage… The SVT Bamboo with Bronze upgrade is great but this adds so much more and compliments the Naim sound.

I took my time and built it using the Fraim set-up guide here.

1 Like

We’ll keep the pictures off the forum

Congrats !
What is the first impression ?

Thanks, that’s good to know.
My problem is I can’t logistically move slowly - its all or nothing & I currently need six levels & expect (want) to go active next year - so that makes 9 or 10 levels! Starts to get expensive as a replacement for an Ikea cabinet!

The very first impression was the feeling of wondering what these huge towers were for, because the music seemed to be playing completely independently from them. My MAs had been placed very well and I had a great soundstage with music not coming from the speakers, but this is a completely different level without even trying.

The second impression currently is zero distortion everywhere and bottomless, perfectly controlled bass.

3 Likes

Got a great price on a Hi-Line from TomTom Audio. Stunned by how much more foot tapping it is. Really impressed.

1 Like

Wow, they finally arrived! Have fun! :musical_score: :ok_hand:

What are the first impressions?

The apt cliché is “less hifi, more music”. Took a bit of time to appreciate what I’m paying for because the speakers don’t seem to do anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They look excellent in your place.

1 Like

I just got a 2016 552dr after looking for a used one for a few years. Really hard to find a local preloved 552dr. Most likely my end game pre.

1 Like

Never heard about this brand until two weeks ago when a friend told me he had ordered Sehring Audio speakers. Have fun with them!

2 Likes

Thank you! The company has existed for 30 years but they are not making much marketing noise :slight_smile: I didn’t know them either until @krautnaimie told me a few months ago, then it turned out that their workshop is like 15 bike minutes from me …

1 Like

The ‘showroom’. Love it!

13 Likes

Is stacking order in brawn from the top 552PS, 555PS then last but not least 300PS?

Just moved my Hicap to the top of the brawn stack with 555 below and then 250. Different sound compared to Hicap on the bottom shelf.

Reason for asking is thoughts on how the different power supplies might interfear with eachother.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s were I also sat when auditioning a while ago :slight_smile: Very likeable company building things by hand and with love. They have a new website upcoming that will also be available in English, but their current one (Sehring dash Audio dot com) translates perfectly if you paste the URL into translate.google.com

2 Likes

Christmas is early this year. :grin: :star_struck:

30 Likes