What was the last bit of gear you bought?

He’ll be shopping at Lidl from now on.

3 Likes

Baked Beans for dinner (own brand, no toast)

2 Likes

Don’t recognise the blue in the box ? Normally all white . What is it ?

It’s been 9 hours man…give us something! :wink:

1 Like

Before and after…. Pre-loved 282 installed, and a rearranging of the boxes. Thanks to Mike at Infidelity for the advice. Sounds great right out of the box! Apart from a minor stress before I realised the previous owner had it set to phono in, so the din for the NDX2 didn’t work…. But after ten minutes of mild perspiration, I remembered that trick. Phew…. Now to enjoy!

26 Likes

You have your answer…. :grin:

1 Like

It’s a 282.

1 Like

Yup! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I had the same panic with my new to me NDX. 10 minutes of swapping leads around until I remembered I had read in the manual about being able to disable outputs.

3 Likes

So happy for you Neil, enjoy it!

1 Like

Congratulations. Enjoy. :+1:

1 Like

Must be quite an old one if it’s in a blue box, or it’s a repurposed box. M CDX2 came in a box like that and it’s from 2003.

Congratulations, I know the 282 was a fabulous upgrade over the pre-amp section of my SN 2 when I upgraded!

Look forward to hearing what you thing about the improvements from the 202 to the 282…

It was a long wait, but finally my new 552 Pre arrived. It replaces a 252/SupercapDr, who both get a new owner soon.

The 552 is running in now so will start judging in a few days, but first impression is very promising.

Iver

40 Likes

…and well placed at the top too Iver :+1:t3: Good on you Peter

1 Like

Looks good, hoping to be joining you next week. I am told that French customs have finally cleared the paperwork.

1 Like

Congratulations!

I replaced my 252 three years ago by a 552. It is way better IMHO. I like it to the bits.

2 Likes

I recall during a naim factory visit during which the just about to be launched new streamers were demonstrated (and discussed in great detail!) we eventually sat through a demonstration during which there was a remarkable difference in sound quality when switching between ndx2 and nd555. Everything is relative and, in isolation I’ve no doubt the ndx2 would be extremely satisfactory as a music source.

Peter

1 Like

I was there….but they went up from standard cables to superlumina, much lower system to a 552/500 system……it was better…….it took me some while to unravel for my ears what the nd555 brought to the party. Possibly a deliberate ploy by Naim on the day.

1 Like

!

Sehring Audio S913 Curved - finally here after a bit of waiting.

:partying_face:

@krautnaimie and @conlegno - dinner’s served :wink:

29 Likes