What was the last bit of gear you bought?

@bruss, you are a very patient man! I would have them hooked up on my dining table and not eat if I were you. Just an analogy because I will be sleeping in the shed if I do that.

1 Like

Well perhaps not that patient.

The Unitiserve is up and running temporarily in the study. Today I think I will try out the 300/ps on the floor in the lounge (while Mrs Bruss is out walking the dog) :slight_smile:

Ha! If a spare Statement ever came up, trust me, it wouldn’t leave my house.

As for The Statement and Scintillas, I wonder whether Steve Sells has a view here as to how they might get along…

Settling in nicely

7 Likes

New phono amp got this as I can swap cartridges around and to tame the ania down a bit, it can run two Turntables as well one mm and one mc sounds good to me
Only tried it for 30 mins in the week and it sounded sublime to my ears any way
Sorry for thr crappie pic it’s took with my pad

2 Likes

Poor iPad photo but teeny Dynaudio emit 10… surprisingly very good

8 Likes

Just for sharing, a Belgian dealer recommends the Hegel H30 power amp with the Scintillas. Apparently it works very good, some feedbacks of persons elsewhere attest it.
And the price is around 11k, so not stratospheric.

Nothing surprising about Dynaudio speakers (of any size) being very good, @Hifi-dog

5 Likes

This TV counts as new gear right ? Well I do use it to Stream Spotify and BBC sounds to my DAC for casual listening . I’ve been waiting for this for a while as stocks have been non existent, it’s an LG CX 48 OLED one of the first ‘smaller’ OLED’s . It’s a perfect size coming from a Panasonic 42 inch plasma and it’s physically not much bigger . It sounds much better as a transport also which was a nice surprise. Very happy indeed !

5 Likes

Innuos Zenith mk 3 plus some Wave BNC cables for betweeny M Scaler and Hugo TT 2

1 Like

Looks like a nice amp. $11K is demo cost? Here in US I see it for $17K. Lot of markup and duty to US?

Heard Dynaudio Emits a couple of years ago at the Acoustica show with an Atom. One of the best rooms in the show I thought – so musical.

Roger

1 Like

I have heard this Boulder amp powering a pair of Dynaudio Consequence (with top shelf Boulder pre, phono, and streamer in front). This is the real deal! I could replace my Naim with Boulder and be very happy.

In fact, if I ever downsize from my seven Naim boxes and brain/brawn Fraim racks, chances really are pretty good it will be for a Boulder integrated, phono and streamer.

And the good news is Boulder is very synergistic with my Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum. I know, because I’ve heard it.

2 Likes

Isol 8 Powerline without any filters and a PS Audio AC5 on its way.

4 Likes

Yes, 11k in Uk. In US , as you said, it’s maybe 30% more expensive. ( like Naim).
The amp is a beast: 32000uF capacitance. 120 lbs.

I have only heard the 1000 series dac…but completely different system, so difficult to judge.
I remember you had tasted the 1008 phono and preferred the Superline. Or 508 ?

I liked them so much that a pair of evoke 10’s has come up for sale so had them… best get rid of the emits or I’m in trouble!

1 Like

Just traded in my silver Trichord Dino/Dino+ for a black Mk2/Dino+.
Not sure that the Dino Mk2 will offer huge improvement over the mk1 but I prefer the black and it was a straight swap. I’ll post some pictures later.

2 Likes

Well I’m hoping this will count as “hi-fi”!
Took a random punt and not disappointed, considering it’s nearly 40 years old it looks like it’s never been used - not even any scratches on the rear DIN sockets (has to be DIN, naturally)
It’s also heavy… Even the wall wart PSU feels solid.
Warming up after a day in a UPS van so impatiently waiting to hear how it sounds.

6 Likes