What was the last CD you bought

What’s not to like about a new Crowded House album, Gravity Stairs. Loving the first track.

7 Likes

Oops I’ve posted this is the wrong thread. :flushed:

1 Like

Back in 1988, EMI created five limited edition, numbered box sets for export to Japan, based around the Beatles CDs it had issued the previous year.

This is box number three, It Was Twenty Years Ago Today, containing Pepper, The Beatles and Yellow Submarine; a copy of Derek Taylor’s book, a Twenty Years Ago pin badge and an “Apple” print. This is set no. 615 of 2,000.

14 Likes

That is definitely FAB…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

I have all 3 as individuals from 88, I generally listen to hi res reissues however I’m sure they’re not Japanese. Might go back and have a listen.

Hi Pete the CDs are all standard 1987 UK EMI editions. The sets were created here in Blighty purely for export to Japan…

1 Like

Good haul of three from Oxfam in original 80s pressings:

Kick in particular has been a revelation. The original 1987 mixes by Bob Clearmountain are fabulous; the 2011 remaster by comparison is absolutely horrible. The 2011 CD will be going straight to the charity shop.

Mark

5 Likes

The Go-Betweens - The Friends of Rachel Worth

I finally tracked down this album which is difficult to find. @Pete_the_painter I was a tad disappointed as I thought this might be a hidden gem and the one you could say was their best as no one would be able to find it. It’s good but not a classic.

Still can’t find out who Rachel worth is?

3 Likes

Not seen that before Kev, @TheKevster thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Andy very hard to get and definitely not their best but worth having anyway. It was the first “comeback” album and 5 years before the brilliant Oceans Apart.

Nice to hear from you. :+1:

1 Like

You know how you endlessly mooch round the charity shops seeking hidden gems, and usually come up with absolutely nuffink?

Well, today, it’s a Happy Wednesday, Chez Dave … … … just look at this pair of beauties, and one of 'em is a “limited edition”, allegedly.

Paul Rodgers - Now & Live.

Disc: 1

1 Soul Of Love
2 Overloaded
3 Heart Of Fire
4 Saving Grace
5 All I Really Want Is You
6 Chasing Shadows
7 Love Is All I Need
8 Nights Like This
9 Shadows Of The Sun
10 I Lost It All
11 Holding Back The Storm

Disc: 2 - Live (The Loreley Tapes)

1 Little Bit Of Love
2 Be My Friend
3 Feel Like Makin’ Love
4 Louisana Blues
5 Muddy Water Blues
6 Rolling Stone
7 I’m Ready
8 Wishing Well
9 Mr. Big
10 Fire And Water
11 The Hunter
12 Can’t Get Enough
13 All Right Now

Paul Rodgers - Extended Versions.

Doesn’t get much better than this, at a whole squid apiece, and belters, the pair of them.

@AlanP, I’m sure you’ve more than likely got these already, (local boy, etc. etc.), but what a find.

10 Likes

Evening Dave, yes nice find. Actually, I don’t own either, although I have occasionally toyed with ordering the Now album. Just proves though, you’ve got to keep on looking. Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

4 Likes

Annual pilgrimage to Missing Records in Glasgow performed, and came away with this lot. They fill a few gaps in my collection, and I’m a happy fella.

10 Likes

Sublime recording

11 Likes

That is a great haul - the two Tim Buckley albums are classics.

2 Likes

Have you been without Tusk until now…?

1 Like

I’m told by someone very close to the source that the forthcoming Vol 3 Go-Betweens box set will provide a significant re-evaluation of “Rachel Worth”…

2 Likes