What was the last CD you bought

Robert Forster (x The Go-Betweens) new album, Inferno. Great album, if you loved The Go-Betweens you’ll enjoy this.

1 Like

That’s a plus one for the second and a new Rhiannon Giddens soon, happy days.

These two arrived today, courtesy of Discogs. What a nice seller. Not only did he only charge one (very low) postage for both, he also sent via 1st class rather than the quoted 2nd. To cap it off, he included a very nice little note. Restores one’s faith in human nature in these troubled times. Music, the great leveller!

Airbag, Disconnected. Another favourite prog rock band in the vein of Pineapple Thief, Porcupine Tree etc.

Steven Wilson, 4 1⁄2 - one of prog rock’s greatest exponents

6 Likes

We just saw the Moorer sisters, Shelby and Allison, live. I think I am in love. I think everybody who saw the show is in love. They were truly outstanding. They have a new CD to follow with more originals and fewer covers. These cover tunes are great, however. We did not buy the CD until we heard a few songs and then we had to wait for the autographs!

They harmonize as only family members do, and they were amazing live. Just buy this CD and see if you don’t agree. They own the covers like few artists do. Lithium is a particular standout.

4 Likes

Bonobo- Migration Uk edition

2 Likes

2 Likes

image image

4 Likes

I knew little of her and the little I knew dying really resonate. This does. Patchy but there are 3 or 4 outstanding songs and am evenness of tone across the album which appeals.

2 Likes

After the hires download, purchased the SACD issue of this superb performance of the Bach solo violin works. Bis records in PCM and there shouldn’t be a big advantage to SACD (I don’t have a surround system) but there is just something intangible that my SACD player adds, that I haven’t been able to replicate through streaming / media players, even when using the SACD player’s DAC.

Cheers
EJ

3 Likes

A work colleague recommended Airbag to me a while ago but I never got around to listening to them until now. Currently listening to a selection of tracks courtesy of Spotify, a little like Pendragon prior to their Pure album .
Think I may lash out on a few of their discs in the not too distant future.
Cheers timmo :+1:

1 Like

You won’t regret it, and will end up buying all 4! Try Discogs - they’re all a bit pricey on Amazon.

1 Like

In that case, I’m checking it out to!

1 Like

CD is dead? So I picked these up at 39p each.
I had forgotten about Terry Callier and Caravan.
Then, wish no intention of wanting a flame war, I played Jackie Leven to a friend, the content and theme of this album is dark, their comment - like Morrisey, with class!

3 Likes
7 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

A cheap way to acquire music. Rip and stream. :blush:

2 Likes

1 Like