What was the last CD you bought

1 Like

2 Likes

Absolutely - 70% of my CD acquisitions (combo. of Discogs, Amazon Marketplace, eBay & charity shops) cost me less than a fiver, in some cases much less. I can only assume Peter buys tangible media exclusively in vinyl, and downloads (or streams if he’s not worried about ‘owning’ it) everything digital. If he buys the same amount of music as many of us, must be costing him a fortune!

Pretty much the same for me. Charity shops excepted :smiley:

For stuff I really like I may buy on Vinyl or Hires download from the usual sources.

jpeg
Holy Other - With U
Regards
Roberto

Purchased in sunny Harrogate today,

Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap : 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition.

5 Likes

Laurent Naouri and Manuel Rocheman, Round about BIll. CD based on the work of Bill Evans.

Dead Can Dance - The Serpent’s Egg

7 Likes

Cut the Dead Some Slack.

This is the slack key Hawaiian guitar of Stephen Inglis applied to the Grateful Dead.

Remember the sound of Ry Cooder’s Chicken Skin Music and the Hawaiian slack key of Gabby Pahinui? Slack key is native and unique, but not strange. Kī Hō’alu -“key slackened”- downtuned, usually to an open-string chord with low bass notes, then finger-picked. Not sure what I was looking for when I found it on Spotify, but it is great on our preferred CD format. It is my first CD Baby product; however they do it, it sounds plenty good at our house. The solo pieces are my favorites.

It is relatively even better if you are not a Dead fan like my lovely wife who has listened to her last Dead album. She likes this one.

Mr. Inglis also has a slack key Dylan treatment which is on my wish list.

stepheninglis.com for more. Imagine doing this for a living!

2 Likes

recent cd arrivals…

1542279866.jpg

Stephan Micus - To The Evening Child

Stephan Micus (Steeldrum, Voice, Dilruba, Suling, Kortholt, Nay, Sinding).

6114z1AvzWL.SL1200.jpg

Ben Monder - Day After Day

Ben Monder (electric and acoustic guitar), Matt Brewer (electric and acoustic bass) and Ted Poor (drums).

The Blue Nile - Peace at Last

Bill Frisell | Thomas Morgan - Epistrophy

Bill Frisell (guitar) and Thomas Morgan (double-bass).

5 Likes

Ready to rip filling gaps in the Pendragon folder

6 Likes

3 Likes

s-l500
Can you go wrong for £2.39 inc p&p?

6 Likes

Bob Dylan

Slow Train Coming

Talk Talk

Spirit of Eden

Edward

10 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

From Sainsbury’s, £5 for five CDs. And why not?

6 Likes

arrived on my doorstep……

1439799362.jpg

Marcin Wasilewski - Faithful

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

The Cole Porter Mix

Patricia Barber - The Cole Porter Mix

Patricia Barber (piano, vocals, melodica), Neal Alger (guitars), Michael Arnopol (bass), Eric Montzka (drums), Nate Smith (drums) and Chris Potter (tenor saxophone).

7 Likes

Laying on the front doormat when I got home. Airbag - All Rights Removed

4 Likes

Excellent album- enjoy!

1 Like