What was the last CD you bought

Enjoyed the stream so bought the “earbook”…from an initial quick flick through some interesting notes on each of their releases

8 Likes

Folder

This the 2 disc version, recorded at my old alma mater in '71; unfortunately for me, the year before I got there!

4 Likes

A little flurry of new and used CDs just arrived ready for ripping!

Muddy Waters - Hard Again.

MUDDY WATERS

Robert Cray - Strong Persuader.

ROBERT CRAY-STRONG PERSUADER

Robert Cray - Who’s Been Talkin’.

TALKIN'

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City.

VAMPIRE

Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride.

VAMPIRE

The Untouchables - Wild Child.

UNTOUCHABLES

11 Likes

Vampire Weekend are tremendous aren’t they. 2 great albums there and such a good band live, I saw them in London and they took random requests for a whole section, tight as a drum.

1 Like

Yes, agree, I really like the first two albums, so looking forward to getting to know Father of the Bride and Vampires of the City.

1 Like

I’ve cut right back on buying stuff from The River but this 2-CD, 1 x Blu-ray set was too good to resist at just a tenner including postage:

6 Likes

New Order - education entertainment recreation (Live at Alexandra Palace)

Box set with 2xCD and 1 Blu Ray film of the concert. Blu Ray has 1 additional track compared with the CD so I’ve ripped the Blu Ray audio to 24/48 files and put them on the NAS rather than CD rips.
Cover is very Naim Uniti-like!

4 Likes

1 Like

I know nothing about this lady, but heard “Did I Do The Right Thing” on t’internet radio, and at £3 (delivered) from Music Magpie, what’s not to like :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Two CDs. Plus a blu-ray, 3 clear vinyl LPs, five art prints and a book!

7 Likes

Is Tutti Frutti on the vinyl?

I thought about that edition but figured I didn’t need the vinyl if I had the CD and Blu Ray. I’ve got the one with Liam Gillick on 3xLP but too many flips are needed so I usually just stream it :slight_smile:

@elverdiblanco - no, TF is just on the Blu-ray; it’s not on the vinyl or the CDs.

Just arrived today.

10 Likes

But is it good?

Watched the Blu-ray last night @sjw - a spectacular show, well-filmed and good sound, but it’s all a bit “meh”, soft middle age heritage group stuff. Bernard is fat and looks like his mum buys his clothes from Millets, and there’s a great big Hooky-shaped hole on the stage (and in the sound).

I’ll try the vinyl over the weekend – maybe it’ll sound better if you don’t have to look at Bernard’s dad dancing… :laughing:

Recorded live in Germany back in 2006, an electric rhythm section plus clarinet and piano tackle Braxton…

Thanks i’ll probably stream first…
The passing of time… Bernard was such a good looking young man.
Inevitably the product is always going to be similar but there’s something warming about the familiar!
Was lucky enough to see them lots live in the 80s
and on smaller venues like the hacienda.Happy days

1 Like

@sjw - Yes Bernard was very good-looking when he was younger. I saw NO 74 times in the 1980s, twice in the 90s, and, I think about five times since that – their shows have got less and less compelling as time goes on, and more predictable, with the exception of the MIF shows, which at least featured lots of deep cuts.

Just dropped on the carpet earlier.
Already ripped and currently listening.

10 Likes

Bernard 1985 - now he looks like a man that might try to sell you a greyhound the pub…
PS I’m look rather worn out now too!

1 Like