What was the last CD you bought

I can‘t decide if the cover is horrible or awesome :slight_smile:

I know what you mean – the music is awesome though.

It’s terrible for sure, like a compilation in a bargain bin. Just commenting on the look !

First listen today and it’s a top cd

2 Likes

This will be getting a first run out later tonight once the football is done.

5 Likes

Listening now. It is great indeed! I never heard of Alister Spence before, so the cover definitely piqued my interest :slight_smile: Can’t go wrong with Lloyd Swanton on bass either.

1 Like

Great choices. This may be my favourite:

LisaBatiashviliTchaikovsky40832_f

Claude

5 Likes

Róisín Murphy Róisín Machine / UK CD

Just ordered, should be here on Thursday.

9 Likes

Herbie Hancock Inventions & Dimensions / Japan HQ CD

Just ordered, should be here on Friday.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Nice! I Love Rival Sons. Have seen them three times now and rate them very highly. They deserve to get a stadium tour of their own soon.

1 Like

I hope so… My first toe-in-the-water with them… c/o Discogs… Not expensive… :smirk:

Try and give Feral Roots a listening to. Their last album from 2019. It’s a belter.

Current cost too high, on Discogs… :thinking:
Will wait a bit… :smirk:

A couple I have on vinyl but also wanted a CD version too, the Art Of Noise album surprisingly hard to find on CD, likewise the Lou Donaldson too.

Art Of Noise - Into Battle With The Art Of Noise.

WITH THE

Mark Knopfler - Local Hero.

LOCAL HERO

Lou Donaldson - Mr. Shing-A-Ling.

BLUE NOTE

5 Likes

The final (recorded just before his death last week at the age of 86) album from the green Brazilian trombonist de Souza.

1 Like

This lot turned up today (or are incoming) courtesy of the family - some notable event apparently…the number 67 may be relevant:

9 Likes

This beautiful Craft Records Bill Evans box set arrived today – on the 60th anniversary of the VV gigs too.

8 Likes

That’s a lovely looking set, I’m tempted…

2 Likes

Yes, I agree… so am I.

1 Like