What was the last CD you bought

I was looking forward to listening to this fun packge from a pretty decent year for mainstream music (and a spectacular one for me personally), but having read @Jamiewednesday’s comments elsewhere about the terrible sound, I’m starting to get a bit worried…

Well, let me know what you think.

Seems to range from Darren Drum performing inside a tin box with the treble turned up to Boy George singing through a sock. In a bucket. Lined with more socks.

1 Like

performing inside a tin box with the treble turned up to Boy George singing through a sock. In a bucket. Lined with more socks.

Now I’m intrigued! Got the vinyl too, it’ll be interesting to see what that sounds like…

I’ve only been through first half of CD1 so far, so may improve…I think the vinyl has fewer tracks right?

It’s only three LPs, so a good deal shorter.

Bill Evans Trio - On A Friday Evening has just landed on the doormat

10 Likes

Arrived two days ago.

12 Likes

I’ve done well today, another album by the Bill Evans Trio - has just arrived

9 Likes

Found this for a fiver when out shopping yesterday. 4 themed discs each with 20 tracks and a change from the usual. And who doesn’t enjoy being reminded of being 13, 15, 17 or 18 again from time to time?

An enjoyable few hours of background music with the odd zinger, esp if played on shuffle.

2 Likes

From Discogs… Not expensive… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I don’t know the album, but I do think Martin Whitfooth’s artwork is interesting, used very effectively here on the front cover…

1 Like

I hear what you say Jamie. Not a lot for me to love about this set, so I gave it to The Termagant, who was delighted…

I bet she loves you…

I love her dearly but decent taste in music has never been one of her strong points…

1 Like

Sounds like our house…Thank heavens my daughter’s musical tastes are a broad church.

1 Like

Her favourite group is Coldplay… although to be fair I did manage to get her into Nick Drake over the weekend!

3 Likes

Well I guess Take That do at least provide a little more variety. Not much, but a little.

61r0xlkmAFL.AC

9 Likes

Arrived today so look forward to ripping these over the weekend. Dipping into the world of Jazz, with a couple of well regarded classics…

Bill Evans Trio - Sunday at the Village Vanguard.

Bill Evans Trio

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin’.

WITH ART FARMER

15 Likes

Dread Zeppelin - Un-Led-Ed.

Sixteen squid on Amazon, or less than four squid from Discogs … take yer pick.

Anyhow, on a footy-free night, it’s putting a huge grin on my face, as it always does. :+1:

5 Likes