What was the last CD you bought

3 Likes

6 Likes

Gentle and beautiful. Remastered edition; already have it on LP, bought over thirty years ago. Was listening to it yesterday on Yootoob.

5 Likes

Cannonball Adderley with Milt Jackson Things Are Getting Better

Cannonball Adderley Alto Saxophone
Milt Jackson Vibraphone
Percy Heath Bass
Wynton Kelly Piano
Art Blakey Drums

CD ordered today, should be here Friday.

10 Likes

Vibraphone can be beautiful sounding through a competent system.

1 Like

The White Album, bought for the Esher Sessions

13 Likes

In Cambridge, dropping off daughter (see Toolbox thread in Padded Cell) and picked up two SACDs from the King’s shop:

Listening to the Faure first - lovely to hear a version with brass (esp. in the Sanctus) and organ rather than the usual strings-only accompaniment. SACD image and balance is wonderful. Hoping the organ disc is going to be a real floor-shaker!

It felt good to buy some discs directly from the College, knowing that the artists were going to benefit properly from the purchase, as opposed to the situation with Spotify et al.

Mark

7 Likes

1 Like

For me the vinyl sounds a huge improvement, and not because of the cd vs vinyl , just seems to be better transfer. Got both, but def play the vinyl more.

Yes, I will get the vinyl.

An absolute classic!

14 Likes

Seem to remember it’s at a low price on Amazon when I ordered second copy recently

1 Like

Ordered today

And, on “pre-order” whatever that means…….

Yup, prog rock to the core, that’s me!
….and having listened today (and lost an hour of my life that I’ll never get back) to a set described as “stunning” by the Radio 1 presenter, but was in fact bland, boring ersatz pop, I make no excuses!

2 Likes

Oh yes that is a lovely one.

1 Like

Following @TheKevster.

517xTuP+-kS.SY350

5 Likes

I already have all the studio albums bar Zenyatta Mondatta, but for £15.91 and some supposedly stellar remastering, I thought I would add this set to my collection.

9 Likes

I paid a lot more for that box set a few years ago. :roll_eyes:

Check out the price of the vinyl equivalent if you can find one.

A tad rich for my palate :flushed:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, ordered the Faure direct as you suggested .

The service on Christmas Eve from Kings is such a part of my Christmas ritual , I used to have a tube Magnum Dynalab and listening to the service was an audiophile joy.

Amanda Barrie in Carry On Cleo ?