What was the last CD you bought

Very much in the mood of Alligator Bogaloo. Not surprising really given it’s a follow on with similar lineup. They’ve got the groove thing sorted.

2 Likes

Well done. Every person who buys music in such a way that those who produced it get fair recompense is going straight to musical heaven.

The rest are going to… we’ll, I’ll let you complete that particular sentence.

Mark

1 Like

Behind the green door?

Down to devil gate drive?

Highway to Hell?

Enjoying it via the Audiolab 6000 CDT into the Nova, will try it with the SACD player later

Natalie Imbruglia - Firebird.

1 Like

Got that last week, the hi-res Qobuz streams convinced me and the BluRay is quite illuminating with the various videos - I didn’t get into Script/Fugazi on release but was introduced to Marillion/Pendragon by college hall mates. I never realised the changes in the early band especially on percussion, fascinating package and an utter bargain.

1 Like

Thought Ian Mosely came across really well in the video material, seamed a genuine nice chap. Was not aware of the mess and disorganised chaos during the recording sessions and why ‘Real to Reel’ came out so quickly after Fugazi’s release in order to recover some of the costs. Fish is currently working on a few remasters, think ‘clutching at straws’ has a hoped release date of november for cd and easter next year for vinyl, its going to contain a nice live performance from Glasgow apparently. He has a weekly live stream on facebook every friday, keeping fans updated and relaying stories from his career.

1 Like

Yes, he really did seem a decent type as are many of the longstanding group members.

Fish could have played Bond he has such gravitas! (In later years though he does sound like George Galloway!)

The Incubus explanation is so ahead of its time.

4 Likes

Almost had a heart attack got an email re a box set the Brilliant Adventure (1992-2001). Placed a pre order and low and behold it went through, unlike like the Brilliant Live series.

The box set includes Black Tie White Noise, 1. Outsider, Earthling, hours, Toy, 2000 BBC gig and rare b sides. 8 CDs in total all for just under $AU 200. The vinly set was almost $400.

1 Like

Loreena McKennitt
The visit. The definitive edition.
4 CD’s and a Bluray.

4 Likes

Sean Shibe ; Superb

2 Likes

McBride is a brilliant bassist and bandleader so this should be a hot one!

6 Likes

Courtesy of music magpie.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Arrived today:

4 Likes

I’m in Glasgow for the day so I popped into Missing for a browse. Came out with this lot for an average of £2 each. That’s a few holes filled in the collection. :smiley::notes:

13 Likes

…and this afternoon I went into Fopp. Say no more!

10 Likes

This thread is so much less stressful to read than the equivalent vinyl thread. You never read on here about surface noise and clicks and pops or non-fill or whatever.

8 Likes