What was the last CD you bought

Oh yeah, long live the CD!

2 Likes

That is a very good point Clive! I’m enjoying buying both vinyl and CDs at the moment, but CD collecting is certainly easier, less stressful as you say, and MUCH cheaper too!

1 Like

I have a couple of CD’s that my Uniti Core cannot rip without errors
Those I just set aside and play in the CD player

Started the year with a Rega Aethos and Graham Slee, still have Graham Slee, but a Nova.

Funny thing is with the Aethos I bought more vinyl, now have Nova it’s CDs.

2 Likes

@NigelA10, you could try trialing/buying/downloading dbpoweramp cd ripper and music converter. Whenever I’ve had the very rare occasion where Zoneripper or Innuos Zen won’t rip without errors dbpoweramp usually gets it sorted out.

1 Like

@NigelA10 Likewise I’ve had a few bad rips, but only a handful in collection of some eight hundred CDs. Some were due to foil rot where the CD reflective surface starts to break down, and some due to heavy scratching, which in many cases can be improved with a little car polish and elbow grease, or with a machine.

@Ian2001 Ah, that’s interesting, and in some ways not surprising given Rega’s origin. Now having a Nait2 as the heart of my system, I think vinyl overall sounds a little better than ripped CDs, but with the caveat that I’m only using a UQ2 as a source, so a definite compromise. I’ve not heard the Nova, but have heard the Atom a few times and thought it fabulous.

1 Like

Arrived with todays post and will be ripped later…

The Eagles - Hotel California.

The_Eagles_Hotel_California

Wings - Greatest.

WINGS GREATEST

3 Likes

Unmissable

8 Likes

Bought on :cd: after having listened to the limited edition vinyl. Great French psych outfit meets techno DJ producer Laurent Garnier to produce a sonic cocktail that appeals to the mind as well as the feet.

2 Likes

The Wilen renaissance continues…

And another delivery – this time of a landmark in British jazz.

3 Likes

One of Runrig’s earlier (and more authentically Scottish?) albums. Recording is not brilliant and I’d not rate it above The Cutter and the Clan, but I still find it an enjoyable listen. Interestingly, it’s one of the few albums I prefer on my little office system (Atom/Iotas) rather than my much more revealing lounge setup.

Roger

7 Likes

A great band, much missed but 40 plus years is a long time for a band to continue.
Agree CATC was a better album but this is a good listen.
Big Wheel is my favourite.

And yet another… Phantasmagoria by the Eivind Aarset 4-Tet on Jazzland.

2 Likes

Unknown-2
Unknown-1
Unknown

I watched a couple of programmes about her recording this record. Fascinating particularly the history snd sound of each of the violins. Worth catching if you can. Sky Arts so it will on again soon!

Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery Bags meets Wes!
/ 2008 Riverside / Keepnews Edition / EU CD / 0888072305021

6 Likes

Curved Air | Reborn | 2008
From Cherry Red Records

4 Likes

1 Like