What was the last CD you bought

Oscar Peterson Trio with Milt Jackson Very Tall

6 Likes

I must be getting old…

Was Dusty Bin on this LP?

1 Like

You are thinking of Ted Rogers :grin:

It was Rodgers I believe… but yes… it was a cheap joke.

1 Like

Exploring The Scene_Small

My second The Poll Winners disc. Really loved the original The Poll Winners albums.

Live In Tokyo Dexter Gordon_Small

My first live Dexter Gordon set.

Bruckner 07 Karajan_Small

Heard this was good. Expanding my Bruckner collection.

Roller_Small

Really really really wanted this for a long time. Am a fan of giallo movies and Goblin’s work.

2 Likes

Oh no, I’ve done it again! I really shouldn’t be allowed out without adult supervision.

20 Likes

Your complete lack of restraint is admirable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

James Mainwaring is a saxophonist, composer and singer-songwriter based in Leeds and this is his latest album, which came out in August.

1 Like

14 Likes

Senjutsu :metal:

SIX discs! Jeez, it was never that good :laughing:

Faust 1971 - 1974
Couldn’t smuggle in the vinyl set without being hauled up, so opted for:

8 CD boxset, no. 37/1000… this should be good!

4 Likes

Nice low number there Steve!

It’s a great set!

1 Like

Is he related to George Mainwaring? :wink:

Did you plunge for the vinyl as well Kev? I did hover between both formats when in store.

1 Like

I got the CD only Kev but I am enjoying it so much I am going to have to shell out for the vinyl now as well…

2 Likes

Ah, understood. I was threatened with a ‘big stick’ if I came home with both super deluxe boxes, so may look for a deal on the CD set in a few weeks when the initial release promo has died down a bit, or just get the standard double CD with the outtakes, will see.

I’m a touch reticent about buying vinyl box sets due to the lottery of getting one duffer in amongst the set, and then the hassle of returning them, but for The Fabs box sets I’ll take the risk!

1 Like

I thought I’d better buy a copy before it’s no longer available (at sensible prices).

3 Likes

6 Likes