What was the last CD you bought

2 Likes

The Lionel Hampton Quintet The Lionel Hampton Quintet

The well above average line up on this CD encouraged my purchase.

Lionel Hampton Vibraphone
Oscar Peterson Piano
Ray Brown Bass
Buddy DeFranco Clarinet
Buddy Rich Drums

4 Likes

41y4IY3xXEL.AC
2021 sacd
51vzhD4lXdL.AC
R-7154827-1434960137-6940.jpeg
2008 HDCD

7 Likes

Four additions for my CD shelf this week:

Two albums I enjoyed many times through streaming services in the last weeks and month. So it was time to support and “pay” the artists in more proper way:
Monolink - Under Darkening Skies
Matti Klein - Soul Trio Live on Tape

And two additional “classics” . Albums from my endless wishlist to fill the shopping cart and get free shipping and of course to come a little closer to the impossible “perfect” collection:
Marvin Gaye - Let’s Get It On
Marvin Gaye - I Want You

1 Like

That Matti Klein is really good @colormind.

1 Like

Do they sound good? Looking at Dynamic Range Database they appear quite compressed (although of course I appreciate it’s not the only relevant measure)

To be honest I haven’t really listened to them yet. I bought them just before I had my gall bladder removed, and haven’t really been in the mood. The reviews on Amazon are very positive, and, fwiw, the Police Greatest Hits CD I “inherited” is excellent.

i missed this one, seems to be sold out already! I thought nobody buys cd anymore!

I’m a bit surprised that there are so many Faust fans out there…Among my friends back in the 70s, I was the weirdo buying and loving stuff like this.

I didn’t know anyone who liked Faust, This Heat, Can, The Residents or stuff like that.

Times change, lol…

Or maybe I just had unadventurous friends!

2 Likes

Unadventurous friends probaby :slight_smile:
Although i discovered all these bands in the mid 2000s… Well i wasn t born in the 70s so i have a good excuse :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol. I was born in the mid Fifties, and had the great John Peel as my mentor in the mid 60s…so I was kind of predisposed to like the “stranger” musics.

4 Likes

Don’t often hear The Residents mentioned…

1 Like

5 Likes

I loved all of 'em from about 1976/77 onwards – thanks largely to John Peel.

1 Like

Today’s haul. Have a mind to acquire more Grant Green early albums on Blue Note.

Hits Love Psychedelico_Small

3 Likes

Jewels Of The Madonna
Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari.

A composer who’s work was unknown to me until I saw a post here (I think) about him. So my thanks to whoever posted. I also have a couple of his non-operatic pieces arriving soon.

No libretto included, so I’m just flying by instinct as the meaning of the words. The booklet precis of each scene is helpful tho.

It’s really rather good!

2 Likes

1 Like

More from Wolf-Ferrari.
Utterly delightful Wind Concertos. Lovely playing and recording.

Can’t wait to hear his opera Il Segreto de Susanna which arrives later today…

It’s really nice to discover two new (to me) composers in the last month - the other being Giya Kancheli.

1 Like

Been meaning to add this to my collection for some time. A nice street market haul.

13 Likes

Now this is the kind of Country I like.
Tyler Childers
Purgatory and Country Squire

Fine stuff…

1 Like