What was the last CD you bought

Early 2000 rerelease, euro pop sort of. I must admit I like it and think the recording is pretty good.

19 Likes

The great Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli made four or five LPs of Debussy piano music for DGG. They are all quite lovely.

1 Like

8 Likes

Al Stewart, Euro pop ???

Not sure where else to place it. Not Rock, not Jazz, not classical, not electronic, not world, not folk, not disco, not… I know Euro pop wasn’t really a thing back in 1976, I think that’s when it was originally recorded, but today it seems pretty similar to me. I really do like him.

Two of Kate Rusby’s more obscure collaborations (@Debs):

The Poozies - Infinite Blue
Various- Intuition

I now have all her studio albums and all four of her collaborative albums.

Also bought:

Antonio Forcione - Live
Rush - Roll The Bones

3 Likes

10 Likes

Christian McBride & Inside Straight Live At The Village Vanguard

Features the brilliant Warren Wolf on vibes.

8 Likes

7€ at the Christmas stalls

6 Likes

3 Likes

9 Likes

Intuition is great, I remember buying that upon release.

1 Like

Avalon_album_cover

I bought this after hearing a track played on a Nottingham Analogue turntable on YouTube. I checked the album out in Spotify, then bought the CD.

Not a bad album at all…

15 Likes

Flesh + Blood is also excellent, and should be your next Roxy Music purchase :wink:

2 Likes

That’s assuming that @BigAl already has For Your Pleasure, Stranded, Country Life and Siren of course!

3 Likes

I’ve just checked: I have Viva!, For your Pleasure, and 2 copies of their first lp, one of which is a Canadian copy. This lp actually contains “Virginia Plain”, although the track listing is as per the UK copy in inside the gatefold sleeve.

What a delicious album, it reminds me of my childhood: I listened to it while I was playing with my Lego and above all with “He-man and The Masters of the Universe”, I really loved the intro of “Take a chance with me”.
Anyway, my favorite “must have” Roxy Music’s albums are “For your pleasure”, “Siren” and “Country life”…
David

1 Like

Truth be told, I was a bit snobby about Roxy " after Eno left", but with Manzanera, Mackay ( and Paul Thompson) still in the band I should reconsider that. Obviously, Roxy’s bass players seem to fare as well as Spinal Tap’s drummers…

1 Like

I am not sure that Roxy Music really exist, any more…

Roxy Music - Reunions and Final Dissolution - Wikipedia

1 Like