What was the last CD you bought

Spotify is my friend here: Roxy have a decent catalogue that I have never explored.

To be honest, it’s probably a good thing: no-one can sustain a creativity level for nearly 50 years.

Sadly, I just don’t like modern(ish) music. I realise this is really another topic, and is indicative of me getting older, but I feel like I have heard it all before, done better. Fortunately, there is plenty of older music (“is that 50 years old”? I get asked by my partner) for me to listen to.

2 Likes

Bought direct from the college, perhaps one for Easter rather than Advent.

To me Christmas starts with the service from Kings

1 Like

Discogs… of course… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

More Thea… :grin:

1 Like

Was in the post today.
Will start the weekend with some The War on Drugs and The Bevis Frond.

7 Likes

Arrived today from musicMagpie. £2.69 which includes delivery : )

6 Likes

I have to admit, I have never been a Marley fan, but as I have got older my tastes in music have changed a bit.

At £24.49 I thought it would be worth a punt.

13 Likes

It’s a great box set, and at the price, it’s very hard to resist.

I’m not sure anyone reads this far, but I can’t resist praising this CD. I just LOVE it. I think I play it almost every day or two. It’s is also perfect background music for company.

It’s in the New Age category and I came across it thanks to Roon Radio and Qobuz. I am totally into Roon Radio which exposes me to music I would never otherwise come across. My usual listening is Opera and Classical but when I play my own Mystico Flamenco and let Roon Radio take over when it’s done, I find all sorts of listenable music.

2 Likes

Hi Graeme

It’s the cheapest I have seen it at. After realising I needed to reappraise my opinion of Roxy Music I thought the same about Bob Marley.

PS as an aside, I admire your determination in continuing to buy vinyl lps. I have seen some of the threads where you have been supplied with some right duffers it would seem and and the chap with the duff Mark Knopfler box set(s)…

LPs are not cheap. I do get the feeling that price and quality are not necessarily correlated…

3 Likes

I get more good ones than duffers, and when they’re good, they’re really good. Returns are very easy with all vendors who never question the reason (which they already know) why. I do wish the pressing plants would take a little more pride in their product, but they don’t. I have decided anything I’m not happy with can go straight back to from where it came, and I can always get the cd or stream it instead.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Thought I’d try this, and have his Philip Glass LP on the way.

6 Likes

It was right for the weekend

5 Likes

More Edenbridge, from… Discogs… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Just arrived Bowie’s Brilliant Adventure box set all beautifully packaged, each cd with its own slip cover and a great book.

10 Likes

Oscar Peterson meets Roy Hargove and Ralph Moore with Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen and Lewis Nash

CD purchased as a Christmas present for a friend.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Debussy Rameau making up the set.
Utterly delightful, all three.

5 Likes

Ordered earlier…on its way

4 Likes