What was the last CD you bought

Bought on 2 xCD. Anyone else find the labelling on the albums wrong where cd1 tracks are on cd2 and vice versa?

6 Likes

Pre-owned CD for £3.57 [ via Amazon ] arrived with today’s post! :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

I read that as meowed :laughing:

1 Like

From Discogs… Actually new… :astonished:

It took some time for the latest Dinosaur Jr. to arrive from Japan. Still in time for Christmas.

1 Like

Ordered from audio note yesterday
Apart from him reminding me of Lord Farquuad from Shrek - the music recording set up looks very interesting

1 Like

Definitely the last of the year on Hat Hut. The brilliant but tragic Mike Taylor. All of his Trio album with Jack Bruce/Ron Rubin and Jon Hiseman; A Night in Tunisia from Pendulum and the Cream songs he wrote from Wheels of Fire.

1 Like

To make up the Amazon order of Mrs Ebor’s present:

As so often with ECM, SQ on CD is awesome and reveals enjoyment that is missing on the ‘Tube or Spotify.

The overtone singer, Anna-Maria Hefele, is every bit as fabulously unearthly here as her YouTube videos (and the comments therewith) suggest. If ever we need to communicate with aliens, she should be front of the queue.

Now I just need to decide where to file this in my collection. I think I’ve got a shelf for ‘weird uncategorisable stuff’ somewhere.

Mark

1 Like

‘Friends of Mr Cairo’ Jon and Vangelis ‘proper’ music standout tracks ‘State of Independence’ ‘Find my way home’ ‘Packed’ The Pretenders just good early '90s rocky pop

1 Like

Oh and a double Carpenters CD (nurse the screens!) pop champagne mostly classics my personal one ‘For All We Know’

1 Like

1 Like

This is a constant struggle I have too.

I bought this on the river at less than a fiver……it is a lovely piece of work of his unreleased tapes by his daughter

4 Likes

Neil Young - Hitchhiker.
Chic - Risqué.

7 Likes

Worth acquiring then, Gazza?

It is on Qobuz for streaming……definitely worth a punt……just to hear is voice, bit stripped back imo.

6 Likes

Joanne Shaw Taylor, The Blues Album. Produced by her best friend Joe Bonnamossa. Comprised of well known cover tracks but J.S.T. makes each song unique. Normally known for her amazing blues\rock guitar talent on this release the laser focus is on her vocals. Vocally this may be her best effort to date. Her talent as a blues guitarist is always an easy listen and it continues on throughout this newest release as well.

2 Likes

Emmylou Harris & the Nash Ramblers - Ramble in Music City
Recorded 28 September 1990.

Currently £6.99 on the River.

6 Likes

Picked up three bargain box sets on a trip to the West End earlier…

6 Likes