What was the last CD you bought

Not CD, but DVD.
Tool Opiate²

2 Likes

51LmAvS5sbL.AC

Professor Longhair - Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Muddy Waters - Rock Me.

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Live Alive.

6169lfSlqsL.AC-2

Various artists - Blind Man Blues.

A fine haul from Music Magpie today … … … four albums for eight squid … … … bargain!

8 Likes

Latest delivery. First time Amazon sent the wrong LP, this time they got it right.
s-l500

3 Likes

:weary:

I’m sulking now ………

:rage:

@SimonDC

Lol…still available…If you want just the Opiate vid and comments, plus book.

I didn’t think I was getting all the tracks, unlike some reviewers on Amazon.

No it’s ok mine is already ordered as is the album on vinyl - it’s just I didn’t tick the box that said deliver separately - so I’ve got to wait another month then they’ll come together
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

1 Like

Loved his 4th. Now picked up his 2nd.

3 Likes

Enjoying this very much - thanks for the post - just ripped to Core downstairs - but listening on Tidal in the office as my other half’s watching the box!

(I do like having my own copy - that way if the old internet ever plays silly buggers I’ll be ok for my musical fix!)

1 Like

My copy of Victims… is still on its way to me… :expressionless:

Michel Legrand, Stephane Grappelli - ‘Michel Legrand, Stephane Grappelli’ (1982) and Stephane Grappelli - ‘At the Winery’ (1981). First heard Stephane in his work in the seventies with Yehudi Menuhin. I have some of his other work also now and these two are the latest additions. Oxfam in Clifton, Bristol last Tuesday.

5 Likes

Can you compare it to any other cd version of the same album for SQ?

@SimonDC - Victims… just arrived… :astonished:

R-2809670-1337881156-7473

1 Like

My order’s going in based on Revel - loving!!!

1 Like

@SimonDC - Its a very low risk purchase - for you… IMHO… But I did have to turn the volume down a bit… Moving my Kudos X3’s a bit closer to the wall has lifted the low frequencies nicely… :smiley:

I may have to order Revel in Time… Or should it be Transitus…?? Oh… decisions… :crazy_face:

PS. Transitus ‘won’… From the Musical Bird, via The Bay…

1 Like

1 Like

Looking down the old river and it appears that “Victims of The Modern Age” is available as a “2LP + 2CD Gatefold” for £20.60 from 01.04.22 is that right?
Seems to be too good an offer!
What do you think?

1 Like

@SimonDC - ?? Well, I cannot ‘see’ that…
There is a Vinyl re-issue due April Fools Day for £20-60…?

I was not aware of the imminent re-issues… :thinking:

My copy of ‘Victims…’ is… obviously … not the re-issue… :expressionless:

As far as I can tell its a 4 disc set for £20.60 - 2 LP + 2 CD - I’ll let you know when it arrives - I’ve also ordered the first album (2CD - No Vinyl). Just received a load of bits myself today: Erdling - Helheim; Kraftwerk - Remixes; Bob Marley - The Island Recordings (box set); Nick Cave - Idiot Prayer; and last but certainly not least Tool - Fear Inoculum (Book Version) - already got the one with the video screen but couldn’t resist at £28 from US with free postage - don’t know how that works but hey! Quite a variety!

1 Like

? - The 1st Star One album… is a single CD…
As is the 2nd album…
Ordinarily… :expressionless:

Whereas… Ayreon / Transitus is a Double CD … :astonished:

Have you looked down the river? Not in the Bay!

1 Like