What was the last CD you bought

Jack Lancaster and Robin Lumley - ‘Marscape’ (1976). This arrived from ‘Burning Shed’ at the end of last week. The newly released Cherry Red reissue of this mid seventies fusion album. I am looking forward to hearing this as I like early Brand X.

1 Like

Just arrived and yes it’s 2lp & 2cd

And reasonable inner sleeves as well

1 Like

Very pretty… :heart_eyes:

Very impressed for the price!

Another Sibelius cycle…looking forward to this.

4 Likes

Satie - ‘Piano Music’, Reinbert de Leeuw (1995).
Messiaen - ‘Turangalila symphonie’ (1998).
Local Oxfam shop this afternoon.

3 Likes

3 Likes

really enjoying this - picked up in a charity shop…

7 Likes

Off topic slightly sir but I’ve just been looking through some old photographs and came across this - took whilst on coach tour in Berlin. I think you may recognise it?

1 Like

Checking back on my Amazon history, I found that I last bought a John Campbell album in 2006, so I thought it was time I bought another :grinning:

7 Likes

It’s the memorial to the Jewish Holocaust

It most certainly is and was used for the basis for an album cover that @IanRobertM posted a few days ago - and which I have since ordered!

So thanks once again.

1 Like

51fJop+OLpL.AC_SY450
Holy Other- Lieve

Nice!
Definitely my favourite Dylan album :+1:

2 Likes

Janacek Sinfonietta LSO.

3rd Sinfonietta in my CD collection.

4 Likes

Listened to Hounds of Love on vinyl in being the original master and sounded a little flat so thought I would get these remasters to see if there was an improvement.

11 Likes

Duhhh…I thought it was a jokey reference to the 10th Anniversary Grey Edition…being April 1. Ouch.
In my poor defence, I didn’t know what site the photo was of.

If you can, check out the HoL marbled vinyl put out by Audio Fidelity, mastered by Kevin Gray. It’s a revelation, simply stunning. Unfortunately, like many, it’s getting to be a silly price.

4 Likes

Europe: The Final Countdown (1986)

The price label suggests it was bought from WH Smith for £9.60. If that was in the late 1980s, it’s the equivalent of about £30 today. I got it for a quid - how times change!

It’s the original 1986 CBS/Epic pressing, so sounds lovely and uncompressed. A very enjoyable blast from my past.

Mark

4 Likes

5 Likes