What was the last CD you bought

Some vintage Taj. Great stuff

10 Likes

Oh, it’s rather good, isn’t it!

Yes…….really on form👍

John McLaughlin - Now Here This

I’m a bit late buying this one, which is a red hot album BTW, but it’ll help me get in the right mind to see him performing somewhere later this month (fingers crossed).

3 Likes

Was cheap… on Discogs… :grinning:

5 Likes

Paco De Lucia Sextet - ‘Live …One Summer Night’ (1984). I hadn’t heard of this one and got it for £1 at a charity shop yesterday. I have some of Paco’s work with John Mclaughlin and Al Dimeola in my collection so will look forward to trying this album.

3 Likes

Tom’s Album.
A collection of bootlegs and different versions of Suzanne Vega’s famous acapella song.

1 Like

Fink | Fresh Produce | 2000
His first album is now added thus completing the collection up to date. Another Discogs deal.

3 Likes

Dave Brubeck Quartet - ‘The Great Concerts’ (1988). I have the famous albums by the DBQ on CD but hadn’t heard of this live compilation until I saw it on a market stall last Saturday……

5 Likes

Korngold - ‘Sursum Corda and Sinfonietta’ (1995). I enjoy the lush music of Erich Korngold so I picked this up at a charity shop today as both of these works are new to me and it is on a good label (Chandos). These are great days for classical CD buyers. I am spending a worrying amount of time in charity shops!

1 Like

Depends on your taste in music, but bargain of the day so far. All 5 for £1 in a local charity shop.

Only the Modfather is an artist currently in my collection. The rest bought out of curiosity and I never could resist a bargain.

1 Like

I have the 1963 Carnegie Hall cd. Great album. Joe Morello’s solo on Castilian Drums is stunning. On the live album someone in the audience cries ‘more’. Dave B asks for some kindness as Joe needs a breather!

That’s great. Thanks for the detail. I am not sure exactly what sections are on the compilation, but will certainly look out for this when I play it. Thanks again!

Arrived this afternoon and spinning right now…

3 Likes

Royksopp, Profound Mysteries.

Right up my 20 year old self’s street this 8) Trouble is I’m now nudging 50 X)

4 Likes

Listening now.

A trawl of the local charity shops turned up these two for 50p each:

They’re both 1980s pressings, so should be nicely uncompressed. I’m keen to compare the Art Blakey with the later RVG remaster to see whether all the grumbling is true.

Mark

9 Likes

20th anniversary deluxe, 20% off at Blue Note so added this to the vinyl. Hard to believe how good this album was, and still is. Very enjoyable.

10 Likes

Promo CD of Avishai’s new album…

3 Likes

Got my ticket for Ronnie Scott’s in August

1 Like