What was the last CD you bought

Sounds fun to listen to this classic in quad format.

What system is this playing through?

@JimDog -It is playing through a minimalist DIY system. The tube pre amp uses 12AU7/12AX7 (currently with vintage Telefunkens). The low-power amp is based on an old RCA solid state circuit. The speakers are 2-way DIY with simple 1st order x-overs. The front ones use topline Morel drivers of a few years back. The back use Scanspeak ones. So a bit of a mix - but all tuned to my tastes!!

B.

1 Like

Folder

folder

9 Likes

2016 cd edition

9 Likes

A strange day today, I went into a charity shop to look at books, there was a chap having his donation of three bags of CDs rejected because there is not a lot of call for them and the store room is full up.
I asked to look and offered a donation for any I wanted. He was in a hurry, I was already walking with two bags of shopping so donated £15 for one bag.
This is what I got. I am now fretting at what I might have missed.

18 Likes

41IWFUhcoKL.AC

Graham Parker & The Rumour - You Can’t Be Too Strong

R-2761784-1299883516

Ali Farka Touré - Niafunké.

Two CDs fer a squid down the high street charity shop this morning.

Bargain!

8 Likes

Yeah, id be fretting too.He obviously had a good bag and a crap bag, although there a couple of gems in there.

There are some classics there Kew Rhone for starters.

2 Likes

I’m not unhappy, just two duplicates.
Given what there is in this selection he is probably in the same age group as me. All I need now is the time to listen to them, although I might try the other local shops tomorrow in case he donated there.

1 Like

Two King Crimson and the eponymous LZ, Cream & Fairport well justify fifteen notes for that little lot!

(Why does that never happen to me? Like my colleague who went to a car boot sale and snagged a Linn preamp for a tenner………)

3 Likes

John McLaughlin & The 4th Dimension - The Boston Record

2 Likes

1 Like

And in order to celebrate the start of a certain sporting event (one for @Debs here):

(Remastered version, 2009)

11 Likes

The Go Betweens

And Ryan Adams

2 Likes

3 mighty albums there

I’d been waiting for the Ryan Adams album to be released as hi res files but they still haven’t popped up.

Yes it’s a bit weird - even when being released on CD it took forever and vinyl longer still

His third album on cd and vinyl in this trilogy hadn’t seen the light of day but I think you said it’s on steaming sites

I hear the distributor of his stuff in Aus is not up to it

Have a look at the big river site they had Wednesday and Big Colour on vinyl there.

Yes I’ve got them both in vinyl now but took ages

Great albums I must say

Pete, how does that one compare to “Oceans Apart”?

Peter