What was the last CD you bought

Buy them all, but start before Roger Dean, say The Yes Album.

1 Like

An eclectic mix:

5 Likes

Love The Crusaders (The Jazz Crusaders). It’s not so easy to get those individual albums now separately.

My absolute favourite is “Street Life” (1979).

1 Like

Just bought this - first time I’d seen the CD on Ebay…looking forward to hearing it again.

1 Like

I already have Street Life on LP and CD, so it was the others that interested. And I used an AMZ birthday gift card from my bro. What’s not to like? :slight_smile:

There’s a Wilton Felder album “Secrets” that I bought on LP and loved (and I still have it!), but it seems to not have been released on CD or streaming. So I need to work out how to connect my Sondek/82 to Audacity on the PC! :laughing:

1 Like

51O5C3vDchL

Prokofiev: Symphony No. 5

Philharmonia Orchestra, Santtu-Matias Rouvali
714N7vaSYdL.SX355

Anne-Sophie Mutter: Carmen-Fantasie

Two different readings of Stravinsky’s Symphony of Psalms

4 Likes

This is the last of Ayreon’s studio albums to add to my collection - skipping the Actual Fantasy ‘remake’.

1 Like

Yes, for me those mid seventies albums covered by this set up to and including ‘Streetlife’ (my favourite too) are superb. I have some of the solo albums of Joe Sample from that period on vinyl also which are classy too. Will look out for ‘Secrets’, thanks for the recommendation.

Last Saturday I bought the album ‘Natural Avenue’ (1977) by John Lodge of The Moody Blues on vinyl at the Exeter record fair based on the cover by Roger Dean. I thought it had to be like 1970s Yes in some way. We’ll see!! Either way I have the sleeve.

1 Like

Haven’t got any Joe Sample solo albums, but I did find a couple of WF albums on that infamous video streaming site.

OTOH, eight LPs for the princely sum of eleven squid. I can see this going in the next AMZ basket!

Edit: And so it came to pass that the box set was duly ordered :slight_smile:

It’s been a heavy month, so far, for music purchases; The Crusaders box set is “out for delivery”, and I’ve got the Beatles DVD on order as well.

Next up: birthday CDs for daughter #2……she has requested Iron Maiden & Metallica! Yes, we brought them up well!

5 Likes

Off the back of this I ordered the Fugazi CD box set, an album I love!
It arrived a couple of weeks ago, I have only just copied it to the Nas Drive. My first and so far only listen to it got as far as Emerald lies. As this track progressed I felt somewhat underwhelmed, so I changed to my 90’s 24bit CD rip. What a difference, the old CD utterly trounced the new one. More DR and emotional connection, I just had to turn the volume up to match the level of the new CD. In all honesty I’m disappointed, but I’ll give it another chance soon.

1 Like

32 discs (25 CDs, 3 DVDs and 4 Blu-rays)… I got knackered just looking at the contents. Lord knows when I’ll find the time to listen…

4 Likes

Latest via Amazon

3 Likes

Latest from the local thrift store at $2 each

7 Likes

Great cause, terrible record.

4 Likes

Interesting, I had exactly the opposite reaction - I’ve always found the 90s 24 bit remasters to wound a bit off, and much preferred the remix. Different ears and systems… If you end up not being a fan of the remix, keep hold of it for now as all the deluxe editions have increased in value significantly since their release - you might get back several times what you paid for it in a couple of years.

Agreed It’s horrible.

2 Likes

Eye in the Sky OMR 2021 edition

4 Likes

Latest arrivals
Neil Young - Royce Hall

Peter Gabriel- SO 25th Anniversary Deluxe 3Disc Release

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Bruce Cockburn - Small Source of Comfort

The Tragically Hip - Saskadelphia

5 Likes

Not on Qobuz any more, so bought them. Such beautiful songs.
Alterum is particularly good.

5 Likes