What was the last CD you bought

If you don’t have or know it @billywindsock, Cuilidh is also very good.

3 Likes

Already have that one.

1 Like

So I bought this extended version for the additional tracks (already had the original):
Folder
The delivery was slightly delayed due to Jonathan (keyboards) having Covid, so he also sent me this to listen to:
Folder
It’s rather good, so that led me to order this:
and then I discovered that he had been collaborating again with Rachel Cohen (ex Karnataka), so this had to be ordered as well:

(Three Colours Dark, “The Science of Goodbye”)

The Beatles In Mono Box Set. Finally got around to acquiring a version of the Mono reissues. I chose the CDs at a tenth of the price of the vinyl box set, of which I can’t justify paying the current used prices, which are circa £1300-£1500 at the moment (child No1 starts Uni this year so funds will be tighter).

So far so good, and having ripped them and sorted out the covers and metadata, they sound great, with the caveat that I’ve only shuffled a few tracks to test the rips. I’ll listen to everything all the way through this week.

The design and attention to detail that went into creating and packaging these reissues is simply breathtaking - love the Japanese inner & outer sleeves, the Emitex replicas, the top loading recreation of The White Album LP sleeve, plus the poster and photos - everything is top notch.

Delighted.

13 Likes

A great buy @YetiZone, enjoy!

1 Like

Excellent!

Thanks for a timely reminder to get my BIM box out (CD).
It’s been awhile since I played it.

1 Like

@Steve_S & @steviebee Many thanks - really looking forward to listening to them this week!

2 Likes

Latest arrivals:

Rolling Stones El Mocambo Live Session in 1977. This was a performance at what at the time was one of the happening bars in Toronto. Turbulent time for the Stones but one heck of a show.

And an interesting Genesis recording

4 Likes

Been enjoying this young lady the last few days

9 Likes

Re Bright Yellow Bright Orange-The Go Betweens, had a few listens now and really enjoying it. Not quite as good as Oceans Apart but still another Go Betweens album definitely worth keeping, I honestly can’t understand why these guys never got the break through they deserved. Damn shame an excellent band.

2 Likes

Glad you are enjoying it Pete. Hopefully those two later albums will eventually appear on Qobuz.

I came very late to the band but really appreciate now what a great band they were.

Peter

1 Like

Jerry Garcia band volume 1

4 Likes

Hughie Lewis & the News - Small World.

411-30oGgiL.AC

The Beautiful South - Quench.

51a5dNNpEIL.AC

Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell lll - The Monster Is Loose.

A pound a pop at the local Rotary Club chariddy shop.

What’s that, I hear you say? :deaf_man: … … … “You wuz robbed.” :rofl:

3 Likes

A 46 CD set of all Brahms’ published works.
I’m very much looking forward to discovering music I am not yet familiar with (along with revisiting works I have enjoyed for a long time.)

7 Likes

Steven Osborne - ‘Rachmaninov: Piano Sonata No. 1 etc.’ (2022). A new CD for a change!

4 Likes

On Rune Grammofon.

Steely Dan - The London Boys

7 Likes

R-2334695-1316129035

First one, with Anneke.

4 Likes

Not the most flattering photo for a cover.

3 Likes

Great to see someone else into The Gathering @IanRobertM, a good band that remains under appreciated here in Blighty.

2 Likes