What was the last CD you bought

Alpha Blondy - Live Au Zenith, Paris.

Following a shout over on the “Reggae” thread from @Eagle3333, this from The River, for pennies.

I’m hoping for some pumped up live sounds from this little known, (to me), African reggae artist.

3 Likes

Nice one, Dave! ‘Pumped up’ is an understatement and it starts from the compere’s introduction. I discovered it/him from mad friends in S.Africa. Not only are the performance and music insane, the recording quality is amongst the best I’ve come across. Why can’t they all be this good?! Be interested to know what you think of it.

I’ve also started a thread for great live recordings. Feel free to contribute :slight_smile:

Today’s buys from Poundland

8 Likes

You have an amazing Poundland, I checked my local and nothing like that, unless there’s a CD area I missed which is possible.

1 Like

There are two Poundland’s close by, one in East Grinstead the other in Crawley. Crawley has about 5 shelves of cd’s and East Grinstead 3 shelves and each shop has different stock which is very handy, over the past few weeks I have had about 40 cd’s, trouble is I can never remember what I own and what is a Tidal album in roon, so I have bought a couple I already have, but at a pound each, who cares.

1 Like

Thats exactly what i was thinking, though it would have helped if i took my glasses with me. Still got myself 5 great albums.

1 Like

Most excellent too.

3 Likes

Eoin, I was about to post the same as I perused the thread, my local Poundland is full of old pop chart releases,there’s some right old dross.Oh Well.

While I was in HMV today getting the limited edition purple splatter vinyl of Siouxsie & The Banshees - Hyaena I picked this up as well. I don’t usually buy compilations but as I have the 5 Talk Talk studio albums on vinyl already this was bought for completemess as there’s a lot on here not on the studio albums. Cheaper in-store at HMV than on the river as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Well impressed. Up until a few days ago, I never heard of her but this is the second CD of hers I have bought.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Three CDs of funky white soul. Just a fiver from Sainsbury’s - result!

8 Likes

Been on a bit of a spree this week, and there’s more to come…

Sourced from charity shops, Poundland, my local second hand record/cd shop and HMV. Happy days! :grin:

7 Likes

Alpha Blondy - Live Au Zenith Paris.

Ripped and streaming right now … brilliant live reggae from this chap, new to me.

Great shout, @Eagle3333, and you’re right, one of the best live recordings I’ve heard, takes you right into the concert. :+1:

1 Like