5 Likes

Picked these 2 up from poundland

Up The Junction

Stay

4 Likes

Bought at the Bay.

4 Likes

Debs

The Burton is a terrific album, I have all of his early work and this one I play frequently, sad that he’s now retired, due to not being able(his own opinion) to play at the standard he demands. Enjoy.

Chris

1 Like

I suppose it’s noble of him to feel that way, he’s successfully produced quite a superb catalogue of albums as leader, and also collaborations with other artists, all spanning six decades so perhaps he deserves to sit back and relax in retirement.
So far i’ve only heard a fraction of what he’s compiled but i’m enjoying the exploration, and will continue helping him out with royalties by buying some more of his works :+1:

On the way:

3 Likes

The first album I bought was “Lofty Fake Anagram” it was pinned up in W H Smiths window in a sale in 1968 or so, still have it. I particularly like “Throb” as well it has violin all over it, very different, you can get it as a two album collection on one CD with his Keith Jarrett collaboration. The Live at Carnegie Hall is nice as it’s the first quartet with Larry Coryell.

I saw him a couple of years ago at Ronnie Scott’s with his new quartet an excellent evening.
Chris

1 Like

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

1 Like

2 Likes

Three for a quid at the local Oxfam shop!

3 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Three for a quid at the local Oxfam shop :sunglasses:

5 Likes

arrived in today’s mail……

Oklahoma

Keb’ Mo’ - Oklahoma

Mission Bell

Amos Lee - Mission Bell