What was the last CD you bought

You’re most welcome. Their other ‘Best Version Of…’ articles are well worth a read too.

Mark

2 Likes

Just read the article while listening to ‘Songs From The Big Chair’ - albeit on vinyl. One of the great records of the '80s.

11 Likes

Is it your socks? i had the same socks ,someone stole it from me…LOL :grinning: :grinning:

Think you might also have the wrong thread. :rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Whilst listening to the deluxe edition of the CD this morning, I’d forgotten how brilliant the B-side to ‘Everybody…’ is.

‘Pharaohs’ combines the dream-like shuffle from the A-side with the shipping forecast - sublime. And a good pun with the title.

5 Likes

Whilst out buying some Vinyl for my sisters Christmas present, I thought I would check out the CDs.
Found these two beauties, ABKCO ‎SACD, Hybrid, Remastered 2002 series. They look unplayed! :grin:
I think I have most of them now.

13 Likes

11 Likes

That’s a great find @Ebor , well done!
Ive just listened to the whole album on YouTube, I’d forgotten how good this was. A few of their most iconic tracks. Not sure about ‘I Believe’ and ‘Broken’, otherwise great songs imo.

I’m looking now to see what’s around to buy :wink:

2 Likes

Finally got chance to listen to it now - so much nicer on the ears than the 1999 remaster!

It was the first ‘grown up’ album I bought, at the tender age of 11 on cassette. Loads of great memories are coming flooding back. Isn’t music a wonderful thing?

Mark

2 Likes

I’m only a few more years on than yourself so know exactly what you’re describing. Music surely is a wonderful thing.

Maybe the world would be in a better place if many more people listened to music like the forum members here.

Glad the new copy is good :+1: :notes:

2 Likes

Latest additions to the collection (most from the local thrift store at $2 each)

5 Likes

The copy of Actually looks like an original 1987 pressing rather than the later remasters which were rather dynamically compressed. The original (IMO) is a great disc and didn’t really need remastering.

Mark

1 Like

That’s a cracking haul there!
Pet Shop Boys were one of my favourite artists back in the day. I will have many albums (vinyl) in first pressing, all mint.
I only have a few CDs so think I need to rectify that. :grin:

Inspired by you chaps, just bought these. All original release dates, near mint condition, all have great Dynamic Range scores:

They better sound good!

1 Like

Filling a few holes in my collection.

10 Likes

Behaviour is often cited as a prime example of how not to do a remaster - most find the original 1991 CD sounds miles better than the 2001 remaster. See if you agree.

Actually doesn’t have quite the same SQ chasm separating the original from the remaster, but I still prefer the original.

Mark

1 Like

Bought this one at the weekend and have been listening to it all week…

Tears for Fears
The Tipping Point (2022)

Like so much around these days - something vintage - done with a contemporary twist. It works. It’s a lovely album to just play and enjoy. Somehow familiar sound, typically Tears for Fears. But also a bit up-to-date too.

Thoroughly recommended. You don’t have to be a fan of 80’s pop to enjoy this one.

12 Likes

Came across a Japanese re-issue of Donald Byrd’s Blackbyrd at a reasonable price yesterday at the local record shop. Missus says the colour scheme is matching the festival season :laughing:

8 Likes

2006 Remastered edition. A “lighter” work for PMG, however so pleasant to listen to…

7 Likes