What was the last CD you bought

I’ve had a CD player and a DAC for many years only recently did curiousity get the better of me and I bought a budget optical cable to see if external DAC sounds better, well guess what :grimacing: so on something of a CD haul at madly cheap prices, £6.50 for this lot, when I get around to sorting my NAS I’ll be ripping these and they can have them back. I’m sure I’ve the Rachmaninov on LP somewhere…

13 Likes

Well done, a nice haul there! My local Oxfam now has a minimum price of £2.99!!

Amazon package arrived this morning. Yippy.

Bewitched_Small

Hospital Playlist S2_Small

Skin Deep_Small

There is Thin Lizzy album that’s still on it’s way :smile:

4 Likes

I have found that they still vary fortunately. One locally is at least £2.99 and others are still £1.99. The expensive one locally clearly has a clientele who go there because of the discs they get in and price accordingly. They also do rather expensive classical vinyl. The other ones obviously just want to clear/move them and they are priced accordingly. In the more expensive one I choose carefully but in others I am very happy to explore unknown discs.

1 Like

Due to some of the feedback on the classic Beatles Red & Blue albums reissue thread, I’ve decided to add these 2009 remastered versions to add to what I have already. Just missing a few studio albums now.

14 Likes

Yes, that’s my experience too. I also use your approach when purchasing.

@QuickSticks - as a follow on to the book tour discussed above, I have a small surprise to share with you if you would be happy enough to ask Richard to share your email address with me.

Hi @By-Tor
That sounds really intriguing.
Happy for @Richard.Dane to pass you my eMail address.
Simon

2 Likes

Hi @Richard.Dane following on from the linked post, could you please pass my email address to @By-Tor
Thank you
Simon

I’ve got it and can pass it to you if it’s ok with @By-Tor

1 Like

Thanks Pete but Richard has passed it on

2 Likes

Rattle/Berliner’s Mahler 5

9 Likes

Just started opening all the post that arrived while I’ve been away. THIS one I’m really looking forward to:

13 Likes

The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Gilded Palace Of Sin
Happy Mondays - Pills ’N’ Thrills And Bellyaches

6 Likes

Another new release I’m looking forward to hearing…

11 Likes

And another…

10 Likes

Kev……we all luv ya, anyone of us would have collected and opened the post for you. We’ve got your back😂

3 Likes

Ooh, this looks nice.

1 Like

Sale of work haul.

.sjb

3 Likes