What was the last CD you bought

On EMI from 1987. Never seen this one before. Illustrious cast list! Charity shop today.

4 Likes

51A-GzbNkKL

9 Likes

After Graham 55’s recommendation

Very impressed . Late night music

5 Likes

10 Likes

Finally arrived :smile:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Been fishin’

3 Likes

Reckless’ way of cataloguing…They put the empty sleeves on the shelves and keep cases/discs behind the counter.

1 Like

After vacillating for years about whether I needed a full cycle of the Bach Cantatas (I have recordings of about half), I pulled the trigger on the Harnoncourt/Leonhardt set of sacred cantatas at a very good price. I’ve had a four disc sampler in my library for a very long time.

I prefer one voice per part, but it doesn’t look like there are any OVPP cycles on the horizon.

2 Likes

Ocean_by_Ocean_album_cover
Ocean by Ocean: The Boxer Rebellion.

This is the third album I have purchased by this band.
I had never heard of them until a track popped up on Spotify. Bob’s your Uncle:3 CDs later…

1 Like

To complete the playlist from the recent New Classic demo we attended

5 Likes

Finally completed my Rush Studio albums collection on CD😊

19 Likes

Saved some of the best till last then :wink:

1 Like

I have them all on Vinyl and have multiple copies of some, but never got around to getting these two on CD.
Finally fixed that. :blush:

I’d not heard of her before either - sounded a bit like Suzanne Vega to me…

Guessing you mean Laura Viers, our first introduction was by Nigel Finn during a Chord cable demo, using Riptide from her album Carbon Glacier. I’ve bought a couple more since then. She can also be found on the eponymous collaboration Case, Lang, Viers.
The track Eucalyptus from Found Light is apparently a classic demo track.

2 Likes

Wonderful vocal group. Good old stuff.

3 Likes

Jason from Naim uses it a lot. That’s where I heard it and added it to my demo playlist. It is a stunning track and I really like the album. Still not got around to listening to anything else by her though…:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

15 Likes

6 Likes