What was the last CD you bought

A right royal cache of CDs, Paul from Carmel Records in Westcliff has been on the lookout for me.
Happy days, new speakers, new CDs

14 Likes

Diana Krall - This dream of you

9 Likes

I bought for the first time from 2L, in SACD.

Come Away, Death
Marianne Beate Kielland
Sergej Osadchuk

I was intrigued by the stories and reviews of high quality and Grammy prices, let’s hear what arrives.

1 Like

Hybrid SACDs. The bottom two are still on sale at Acoustic Sounds! Good SQ.

10 Likes

The first album by Supertramp (1970). This predates the more well known work on ‘Crime of the Century’ etc. and is apparently quite prog in style. I thought I would investigate further! It’s not on Qobuz as far as I could see.

10 Likes

Couldn’t resist heading back to the record shop for a second round of purchasing Japanese re-issues.

10 Likes

Funny I’ve just ordered 3 Supertramp albums. Indelibly Stamped arrived today.

Hard to find a cover it’s censored on most sites.

6 Likes

I think so on this one too Pete, i had a similar cover removed….the blind faith one with the girl in similar pose.

Yes I thought of that but the girl on the Blind Faith album is way too young and even I think it’s not appropriate.

1 Like

Yes, i agree.

I thought this Supertramp was black and white in the original. Is this a special version?

It was (and is) but I couldn’t find a photo anywhere. There was a completely altered cover and the coloured one

Found in Amazon just now.

2 Likes

That’s funny I bought it from Amazon didn’t come up in any of my searches

This arrived this morning and now completes the full collection of Sarah’s work.
This is her only live album, as it was recorded during the Covid lockdown there is no audience present so should be a very interesting listen.

5 Likes

Ordered myself a copy👍

1 Like

Bought 100% to 500% on release but missed 600% at the time. Spotted a new copy of this on line and it’s in the post. Sounds Of The Universe is a wonderful record shop which releases great music through Soul Jazz records.

3 Likes

Just arrived… just done a sweep of Peter Gabriel’s back catalogue… Plays Live

8 Likes

All discogs versions, going back to first pressings are in colour :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not overly familiar with the album as my collection has started with Crime of the Century and ends with Breakfast in America. However I can only ever remember seeing it in black and white.

1 Like