What was the last CD you bought

Jane Weaver: Modern Kosmology

1 Like

that’s quite a haul!!!

1 Like

The Chick Corea Elektric Band - The future is now

5 Likes

The guy who runs the shop is great, it’s a bit like going in your local pub and they know what beer you drink. I go in there, and he presents me with a handful of CDs from a little pile he puts aside, and asks “have you got these, I think you might like them”.

3 Likes

wow. that’s tremendously valuable

3 Likes

I need to see if there’s one of those around me somewhere? :thinking:

2 Likes

Carmen Gomes BandCamp site.

“A phenomenal experience on a refined hi-fi set. Highly recommended during these gray winter days!" Eric De Boer, Hifi.Nl

“This is so well recorded that turning up the volume knob significantly only seems to make the music even more intense not louder… … “S.v. Aelst in ‘JazzFlits’

3 Likes

Amazing what a quick google search does isn’t it? Found a second hand cd/vinyl store near me with a 50% sale on… today’s purchases…

13 Likes

Just arrived from Amazon - Caroline Shaw/Attacca Quartet - Evergreen, as recommended from the ‘What…’ thread and Brandee Younger, Brand New Life – that’s Sunday morning listening sorted.

4 Likes

Just picked this up from the local Oxfam. I believe it’s OOP and quite rare now.

8 Likes

I bought this because of @seakayaker:

And this because of @ChinaCat:

And this because of my daughter Cecilia:

And this because of @Toon:

Many thanks to all.

12 Likes

70s Tangerine Dream, filling a gap in my cd collection.

16 Likes

My first cd for 2024.

8 Likes

Some of TD’s finest there, Steve. A good haul. @SurreySteve

8 Likes

Oops…wrong thread…moved to LP thread :woozy_face:

1 Like

Damn. I bought that in 2005 from HMV when I was working in Ealing. I would recommend you check out "The Whitest Boy Alive " (group, not album…) as the singer Erlend Øye is the very same chap as on "Riot on an Empty Street ".

2 Likes

Supertramp Brother Where You Bound

10 Likes

Just raided MusicMagpie for three more KoC albums (and a couple of Fink). Will check out your recommendation.

1 Like

Check out “Rules”: good enough SQ to use as a demo disc if that is your thing. As well as good songs, more importantly…

1 Like