What was the last CD you bought

I’ve posted some on “what I’m listening to” but charity shops still turning up winners, the upside being I rip them to the NAS and take them back.

10 Likes

A box set of The Cars studio albums. A band I really like but I only own two albums on CD

4 Likes

Stephen Kovacevich - Beethoven Diabelli Variations (Onyx Classics, 2008).

Kovacevich made a famous recording of this piece for Philips early in his career, which I think that I have somewhere, but the Diabelli Variations were part of the handful of Beethoven’s late masterworks, written when he was completely deaf.

I thought that I was buying this on LP, but this could be an ideal candidate for first CD to be played on my brand new CDX-2/XPS DR.

3 Likes

Ooh weird flashback, my parents bought this on tape for me when a kid…

Thought it was a bloody awful present!

1 Like

I always feel like John Deacon looks just like John De Lancie on that cover! Q is creeping in everywhere!

I got Mary Blacks new Album Duets for the wife at Christmas. Superb singer still and also some other superb singers combined with her fantastic backing musicians make a great album.

I first started liking Mary Black was when I was auditioning Hifi equipment at the Hifi Studios in Doncaster many moons ago and bought a lot of stuff from them.
Geoff used her as one of his reference cd,s for listening . Now sadly it’s no longer around.

7 Likes

Fair swap mate, nice one.

7 Likes

Very good, Neil!

Finished my Porcupine Tree collection with this little bundle today…

9 Likes

On a trippy Dutch/turkish tangent…

1 Like

SOHN “Trust” is fab, trust me!

2 Likes

OK, I know that I’m an old sad prog muppet……but I have every one of those - and some of them on LP! :laughing:

Enjoy!

1 Like

4 Likes

Charity shop yesterday.

2 Likes

2 Likes

8 Likes

Look what just dropped through the door… last one for the Porcupine Tree collection…

Porcupine Tree: Deadwing

12 Likes

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here. You’ll be in Heaven :sunglasses:.

3 Likes

16 Likes

These two I didn’t have but they will arrive.

Looking forward to @Fetchezlavache Prince’s live marathon and getting ready to contribute.

7 Likes