What was the last CD you bought

Just purchased this box set from a op shop.

4 Likes

Topping up my Supertramp collection with their self titled debut album

11 Likes

Funny yesterday I passed by Boltoph’s Bridge House in south east Kent at the start of Romney Marsh where the tramp spent the summer of 1969 rehearsing.

Thought I’ll give that first album a spin. But shock horror not in my collection. Oh well I’ll listen to it on Qobuz - not there. Checked out all the download sites I use and it is no where to be seen.

Strange - so Amazon new and used for £5.

1 Like

I’ve never heard it either (haven’t had a chance yet) like you I went looking on Qobuz and eventually bought it from Amazon. :grin:

1 Like

Somehow never owned this, for charity shops I try to buy, rip and return but this is such a cool package I think it’s a keeper.

9 Likes

The Smile - Wall of Eyes
Fugazi - Repeater
McCoy Tyner - Echoes of a Friend

From a little shop in Greenwich Village whist visiting NYC.

5 Likes

Just realized that my post and worldofsteve’s post are consecutive posts featuring versions of My Favourite Things with McCoy Tyner on piano, both posted by guys (supposedly) named Steve (supposedly)!

I’m definitely called Steve mate :grinning: and we have great taste eh?

Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey.

13 Likes

Buzzcocks - Singles, Going Steady. Collection of A & B sides.

3 Likes

A surge of 90s nostalgia led to me grabbing this CD single for a few quid on Discogs marketplace:

Anyone else remember the monochrome Levi’s ad?

Mark

3 Likes

Listening to my 1998 remastering of Slippery When Wet a week ago left me with aching ears, so Discogs was raided for an original 1986 pressing:

Goodness me, it sounds wonderful! Pushed the 202’s volume control to 11 (o’clock) and it just sounded better. It needed some masking tape for the clamp to grip it, but that’s not unusual. What a great fun album.

Mark

6 Likes

From charity shops today.

8 Likes

Its a great album, I met them when playing in a small club in Toronto in early 00’s. His solo stuff is good to, but I would also recommend Royksopp - Melody AM where he sings on 2 of the tracks.

1 Like

coldstill

The Cold Still by The Boxer Rebellion bookpack edition.

Another mint Mosaic.

5 Likes

That’s a good one. In excellent 30th St sound.

1 Like

Working on completing the Alan Parsons Project collection…

Latest addition. Stereotomy

9 Likes

From the flea market in Almuñécar, Spain.

Axxis - The Big Thrill
Steve Miller Band - Wide River
Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones
Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega

10 Likes

Ooh, the Suzanne Vega S/T is excellent. Assuming it’s the original 1985 mastering, it’ll sound great too.

Mark

2 Likes