What was the last CD you bought

Saxon%20-%20The%20Eagle%20has%20landed%2040%20live%20(CD1)

1 Like

Nice…medical👍

2 Likes

From Redeye Records in Sydney at $34 for the new Lloyd Cole album, Guesswork . Thankfully it was worth it, great album.

4 Likes

Although I already have New Land on vinyl, I bought this to explore four more from Lee Morgan. Good value at £11.25.

6 Likes

Winchester also. Not fair!

Phil

Slim pickings in the Tunbridge Wells Poundland, this was all that tempted me

6 Likes

5 Likes

15-CD boxset

7 Likes

7 Likes

Hewitt-Bach day

6 Likes

Chris Rea’s Blue Guitars arrived this morning just finished ripping the 11cd’s and 1 DVD. Playing the first CD now it’s sounding really good and the book is an excellent addition.

6 Likes

Excellent, be interested to know your thoughts. CD4 is my favourite so far, although I haven’t had a chance to list to 6 to 11 properly.

1 Like

Sioux

My favourite compilation of early singles. Had not realised it was available on CD until a discussion a few months ago, my vinyl copy is pretty worn.

CD case was cracked on arrival, but I couldn’t be bothered to return it.

5 Likes

After a trip to poundland:
Feels Like Home
End Of Part One (Their Greatest Hits)
Home (Bonus DVD)
Beat Surrender
Now, Then & Forever

5 Likes

Two CDs by former Galaxie 500 frontman Dean Wareham’s band Luna. 50p each from Oxfam…

1 Like

Just completed album 4 and likewise it’s my favourite, so far. Albums 1&2 were very good but there were a couple of tracks on album 3 that weren’t quite as good specifically the french tracks, but then that is to be expected with a work of this size. I am a couple of tracks into album 5 and it is shaping up to be excellent. I was also amazed by the book as I wasn’t expecting it, I never realised Chris was an artist, you live and learn. The only slight downside so far has been the fake crackling on the first few albums.

If it hadn’t of been for Poundland and the purchase of Auberge and The Road to Hell, reminding me how good Chris Rea is, this epic piece of work would have escaped me. Apologies Pete for mentioning Poundland :wink:

It’s unfortunate that Chris has never had the recognition he deserves, as listening to his albums now has shown me that I have been missing a great talent for many years.

The one downside to this discovery is MrsT has been singing Driving Home for Christmas incessantly

1 Like

Happy Xmas😎

1 Like

We don’t have a Poundland where we live, but the local Sainsbury’s is proving a bit of a treasure trove. Added to today’s grocery shop - 100 tracks and six hours of reggae classics, all for a fiver! Virtually every well-known song you could want in one nice little package makes for another great-value release in Union Square Music’s “Ultimate” series.

3 Likes

Also from Sainsbury’s, for just three quid - a triple-CD Shalamar anthology!

2 Likes

Bastille - Doom Days

I’ve decided, rather than paying for something like tidal, I’m going to spend the money on CD’s instead and rip them to Flac files.

5 Likes