What was the last CD you bought

I love Gaz Mayall’s compilations also available as a 2xLP compilation.
This compilation is cracking, most of the tracks are good, and I defy you not to want to dance or at least tap your foot.

4 Likes

Today’s stash from Greenwich Record Exchange
U2 - The Joshua Tree
The Pretenders - Learning to crawl
Terence Trent D’Arby - Introducing the hardline …
Foreigner - 4
Blue Nile - High
The Who - Tommy

8 Likes

The Angels Face to Face, the track Am I Ever Going to See Your Face Again is a Aussie classic. Heard it first when they supported Bowie, the crowd reacted with the reply which is now part of our rock history.

Interestingly they seem to be called Angel City in some countries. Hard to find but well worth it.

2 Likes

What was the crowd reply, Pete?

No way get fcked :grin:

It had started earlier in pubs but broke out during the Bowie tour.

1 Like

Checked on Discogs and lucky me it is an original 1985 issue, still sealed and effectively brand new. Looking forward to hearing it and comparing it to my vinyl copy.

1 Like

I have a lot of Mahavishnu Orchestra and other John McLaughlin recordings but had not heard of this until I saw it in a charity shop last week! A lovely version of ‘Two Sisters’ with Katia Labeque too, the Shakti song off the album ‘A Handful of Beauty’.

6 Likes

Charity shop last Friday, too good to miss!

9 Likes

Ah, another classic 80s album. Looks like you’ve got an original 1987 release, which (like the SV) will sound great.

1 Like

Have this old one on vinyl @Pete_the_painter.

2 Likes

Rush - Retrospective I -

II & III may follow… :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Already available @IanRobertM. Must say I’d love that artwork on the wall of my media room.

1 Like

Wouldn’t we all! Just found somewhere that will do up to 24” x 24” replica album artwork…

1 Like

I’d be thinking 5’ sq.

2 Likes

Thanks. I may well purchase II tomorrow… :sunglasses:

And I just did.

Rush - Retrospective II -

s-l500

5 Likes

Bavouzet.

I have the Gieseking set, but it’s from the early 50s. I also have a number of more recent single discs, but I wanted a more modern complete set.

6 Likes

Hi Rafael, good purchases! Let’s target 2025 for the long walk through his live performances, gives us plenty of preparation time! Cheers

1 Like

Steve Hillage - Baraclan 11.12.79

On pre-order for delivery next Friday.

6 Likes

@Fetchezlavache, which Crystal Ball should I buy? There are lots of versions and it is difficult to make a decision…