What was the last CD you bought

This just dropped through the door and really looking forward to listening to it and watching the accompanying Blu-ray. They are a fantastic live band and I strongly recommend giving them a listen.

Von Hertzen Brothers: Live At Tavastia

Never moving far from the Mother Lode.

3 Likes

Divisive figure Nigel, but parts of this are lovely and I don’t think Tennstedt suffered fools easily. And 25p from the council tip shop!

9 Likes

Strangely I listened to this cd yesterday and it didn’t gel with me. Not sure why. I will listen again as I might not have been in a receptive mood.

When you’ve gone for a walk, and thought I’ll probably time it right for those three cds I bought to be in the Amazon locker when I walk past.

Now stood outside the coop wondering how long they’ll be! :joy:

I was 35 minutes early and had to walk back… but here we are…

Fleetwood Mac: “Live”, “Tusk”, and “Tango in the Night”.

8 Likes

Ah good question! I went on price as some of the 5 disc versions can be pricey. How’s the collection @Rafael? Which of his albums are you missing?

Another fine Jazz in Britain effort - two Bobby Wellins late 70s albums plus bonus tracks on double CD.

3 Likes

That one’s definitely on my radar. Have one of the sessions, ‘Dreams Are Free’, on LP, very good.

2 Likes

Lately I am getting a few jewels, and trying to have a systematic approach.

The focus is now in Live albums, with Prince this is a full galaxy.

1 Like

Because you can never have too much Hans Zimmer :grinning:.

ATB, J

6 Likes

A pair of Donald Fagen Japan EP’s for the collection, that I have been after for a while.

9 Likes

Because I like Hans Z….

ATB, J

6 Likes

Thank you. We will go in search.

The Rev……. Spikewells.co.uk has a very interesting jazz and sermons website.

2 Likes

5 Likes

From Blackwell’s in Oxford yesterday: literally from the sublime to the ridiculous!

9 Likes

My second childhood/teenage crush. Somehow seemed more ‘accessible’ than Debbie Harry though…

9 Likes

I was more Kate Bush…

3 Likes

Not as exciting for a 12 year old…

Something old, something new…

Neil Young - Time Fades Away
Real Estate - Daniel

5 Likes

And a DVD rather than a CD

3 Likes