What was the last CD you bought

I had pre-ordered this from Amazon for delivery on 23 February. That was missed, with a revised delivery sometime after 6 March. Well it arrived today. But I opened the package to find not this CD, but a pair of earrings! They’re not even my style!

9 Likes

I have been given a huge stash of Japanese CDs - the best I will keep, the rest will either be sold (if it’s worth doing so) or go the the local hospice shop, where I’m sure they will be gratefully received.

These three Ellingtons are definite keepers though…

9 Likes

These are great discs Kev
I would have a serious look through them. :scream:

1 Like

There used to be an extraordinarily ill-tempered man who managed the basement Blackwells’ Record Shop when I was an undergraduate at Oxford in the mid-1970s - he really shouldn’t have been in a job that required him to have contact with human beings!

1 Like

Just come home to these three… bit of variety in my live collection…

Snarky Puppy: Live at the Royal Albert Hall
Fleetwood Mac: Rumours Live
Oasis: Knebworth 1996

8 Likes

Was at that Snarky gig, fantastic evening and then a few months later Covid hit :pleading_face:

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me - over the years, I’ve encountered a wide variety of customer service in that establishment, though I must say they are a lot better than in the distant past.

I don’t remember a basement, though - was that in the old branch at the Broad end of Turl Street?

Mark

Yes, a modern building in Holywell Street, if my memory is correct. The Holywell Music Room is nearby, I think.

Only about 60 years late getting this one. Mind you, I was only about 7 or 8 when this came out…

7 Likes

Wet Sans Brolly - an ‘experimental’, instrumental album, picked up in Oxfam.
I quite enjoyed it - certainly not too experimental (their description). There doesn’t seem to be much about them on the web, and this might have been their only outing about 15 years ago.

This just dropped through the door… Will be interesting to see the difference between this and an Iron Maiden album.

Bruce Dickinson: The Mandrake Project

4 Likes

A lot of the stuff in the first box (60-odd discs) of Japanese jazz CDs really din’t appeal – lots of fusion, smooth jazz and cheesy '80s stuff – but I found a quartet of albums I’m going to keep along with the Dukes - all by Chris Connor, an underrated singer I happen to really like:

6 Likes

This should be interesting!

Ian Dury and the Blockheads: Warts ‘n’ audience… plus!

8 Likes

Massive fan of real estate, nice choice!

1 Like

I only wanted to buy one the Hotel Costes compilations but ended up with the whole series…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Focus Moving Waves / Red Bullet / 2020 Remastered Edition CD

Because this was the very first LP I ever bought, and despite already having 2 different versions on CD, the great reviews of this remaster by Wouter Bessels peaked my curiosity to make a purchase.

15 Likes

Thanks for that info Geoff, I was unaware of it. I’ll be interested in what you think of the remaster. @GeoffC

1 Like

3 Likes

You’ve won a watch with these Japanese issues. :wink: :+1:t2:

1 Like