What was the last CD you bought

I can’t find the remastered edition of ‘Moving Waves’ on LP. Does anyone know if this is in the works?

I have a soft spot for Focus - I sneaked out of my school boarding house in Edinburgh (probably 1992 or 1993) to see them play at the Usher Hall.

2 Likes

Hi @anon70766008

Thanks for the reply, I am sure that must have been a wonderful experience to see them live. I don’t have any knowledge about the Focus LP remastering other than there are none on Discogs, but hopefully it will happen at some point soon. I will be posting my thoughts about the 2020 CD remaster in the listening thread, in due course.

they are excellent remasters, done from the original first generation master tapes. First appeared in a superb box set, Focus 50 years 1970-76, released in 2020. Has the first 7 albums + lots of bonus tracks, cd of BBC recordings , cd live european radio/tv including brilliant 40min + version of Eruption and 2 dvd,s of live performances.
Stephen

5 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

Some new releases delivered today.

6 Likes

Rolling Stones, Hackney Diamonds – recommended by a friend. Some strange mixing of the guitars to my ears. You live, you learn.

8 Likes

Midnight Creeper_Small

Found a brand new Japanese CD re-issue of this at the local indie record store. Delighted!

8 Likes

Just bought this recording after hearing it on Record Review. Andrew Gallagher and Jeremy Summerly said the recording of the organ in the Durufle was the best that they had heard. If you have any cobwebs in your woofers this cd will blow them out!

1 Like

5 Likes

Triple-CD box set on the él/Cherry Red label…

6 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Hi Stephen @Stephen, my apologies for the very late response but I have only just seen yours. Thanks for taking the time here, from all you say they certainly seem like a worthwhile addition and upgrade. Much appreciated :sunglasses: :+1:

no need for an apology.
if you want more info on this release try this link
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/focus-50-years-anthology-1970-1976/
has track listings for each disk
Although it was purported to be a limited release it is still available
One of those great 70’s bands, superb live
Stephen

2 Likes

Two Mark Knopfler albums from Fopp in Cambridge this afternoon, just £7 each:

Delighted to see my CDX2 agrees that they are both…

Mark

14 Likes

Kevster, how’s the sound quality on this particular issue? I know it’s been variable on previous releases of this material.

Thank you for this, about to order,

It’s merely OK, but the music is great though. SQ on Sun Ra albums has always been a bit variable, as you say.

1 Like

Didn’t the master tapes for all of those Actuel releases go AWOL? - In which case this one would presumably be a needle drop.